Making an age only have 1 instance

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Postby Kedri » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 pm

All fan ages by default are child ages. That means everyone has their own(Like Kedri's Gira, Other Person's Gira...). Is it possible to make it so that someone's age only has one instance? Like Ae'gura(well, that's two....:P).
Kedri: Modeller and writer. KI# 72427
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Postby Starfyre » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:59 am

Yeah this is something I should have been asking from the get go. It makes Ahra Pahts kinda useless if everyone were to link to their own instance instead of the same instance.
Starfyre

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:01 am

They are not Child Ages, Child Ages = GreatZero. Fan ages are "OwnedBooks", if you want to the fan ages to be public, you'll need to use kBasic link, add the age to the lookup server's public age list, and sync that info from the lookupserver to the player's vault. I am currently working on doing this for the Watcher's Sanctuary, but have had little sucsess (namely because I don't have much time, but Sprink Break is coming soon). I'll work on this a bit longer and share my findings with you.

EDIT: After I do the Watcher's Sanctuary, I can work with the Ahra Prats team to make Ahra Pahts public :)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Trylon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:05 am

Just curious:
is the procedure/info to do such a thinkg in hte age's prp files, in the age files, or in the python code that links to tha ge?
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:00 am

It's very complicated. Too complicated for me to post today, grab my IM addresses and I could try to explain it over the weekend. BTW, it's done in python.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Scripting