Sitting Regions

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri May 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Aloys posted over on the alcugs forum about implementing "Sitting Regions" into the plugin, so I've looked into them a slight bit and would like to share what I learned. (Note: I have only examined half of the data I want to, so bear with my guesswork. Note 2: I am reffering to the Kemo benches. I did my research on Bench06 incase you're wondering.)

Okay, we have a SceneObject for our bench obviously :P. You also have a SceneObject with a CoordinateInterface that acts as the "region" for clicking. The region SceneObject then refrences ObjectInVolumeDetector(s). (In the kemo benches I saw that three were refrenced; I have no idea why.) In our ObjectInVolumeDetector we have a plKeyRef (UruObjectRef) that links to a LogicModifier. This is where I start getting messed up as I don't have (or am too lazy to dig out) documents for the LogicModBase and ConditionalObject which are used/refrenced by LogicModifier. Reguardless, I can see plKeyRefs to:
  • SittingModifer
  • ObjectInBoxConditionalObject
  • ActivatorConditionalObject (This is for the hotspot)
  • AnimationEventConditionalObject (Makes the avatar sit on click?)
I don't have info for many of those types. :(

I wanted to post this to see if you guys aggree with my guesswork. I'll finish this up when I get back home tomorrow (today); I've got to go and do some work :(
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Sat May 20, 2006 8:42 am

[marketing guy talk]Benches in the City would be soooo cooool, you know. B)
[/marketing guy talk]

I don't know whether your guesswork so far is correct, but thanks for giving it a shot. :)
Aloys

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat May 20, 2006 8:57 am

Well, it all makes sense *gasp* (nothing in plasma makes sense :P). I'll be looking at some more data in a bit, and I'll post all of my findings.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Scripting