A question of.. Imagers.

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

A question of.. Imagers.

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:56 am

G'day all, got a query, How would one, well, set up an imager. I'm working on something, Essentially, a D'ni Pub/Personal Office. Essentially, it follows RAWA's guidelines, It is certainly self contained. But, what I do want to do, I mod/hack (zomg, hax) in some imagers, essentually using the 'hood and Guild-Pub ones. I would really like to have these imagers actually work, as in, have a KI-Interface (like the 'hood ones did in MOUL/UU, and like the Guild Pubs did in MOUL and drizzle'd UCC), and can have images posted to them, by explorers. I'd also love to interface a command that clears the imager, as in a journal text that clears it. (like, (I think) cleardaImager in a KI-mail did)

But, me being me, I have not the foggiest how to do this. I've hacked together the area, about to test it ingame, in a bit, but, otherwise, I have to admit, when it comes to the specifics of Uru content creation, I'm a serious newbie. I've done content creation for other things, hell, even open source games, etc, but Uru? never done it. This'll be my first.
kaelisebonrai

Re: A question of.. Imagers.

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am

I think about the only thing you need to hack (copy/edit) is a dynamic text map, because PyPRP does not support these. Any other imager objects can be made in Blender.

Then you need to create a python file mod which uses the existing global xSimpleImager file. You have to do some post editing here as well because again PyPRP will not allow a python file mod to reference a dynamic text map.
What all those python parameters mean you can see in xSimpleImager.py. Parameters 8 and higher are optional. Obviously you also need the activator region mentioned there.

If I believed you were interested I could show you the Alcscript for a xSimpleImager python file mod in Blender (with a dummy parameter for the dynamic text map to be edited later). But to me it seems you just want to hack the whole thing so I am going to save myself the trouble and wish you good luck with that.

Edit: Oh well, I got curious and looked it up anyway...

Code: Select all
<imager region>:
    logic:
        modifiers:
          - name: cRgnImager_Enter
            flags:
              - multitrigger
            activators:
              - type: objectinvolume
                triggers:
                  - enter
            conditions:
              - type: volumesensor
                satisfied: true
                direction: enter
            actions:
              - type: pythonfile
                ref: :cPythImager
          - name: cRgnImager_Exit
            flags:
              - multitrigger
            activators:
              - type: objectinvolume
                triggers:
                  - exit
            conditions:
              - type: volumesensor
                satisfied: true
                direction: exit
            actions:
                ref: :cPythImager

<imager text plane>:
    logic:
        actions:
            name: cPythImager
            pythonfile:
                file: xSimpleImager
                parameters:
                  - type: string
                    value: "My Imager"
                  - type: string
                    value: "dummy for dynamic text map"
                  - type: activatorlist
                    refs: ['logicmod:cRgnImager_Enter', 'logicmod:cRgnImager_Exit']
                  - type: int
                    value: 10
                  - type: bool
                    value: false
                  - type: sceneobject
                    ref: scnobj:<imager text plane>
                  - type: int
                    value: 25

Python params:
1 = any name you want to give your imager
2 = should be the dynamic text map reference (post edit)
3 = region which adds / removes the imager in the KI
4 = number of seconds to display an image until refresh
5 = if true then only age owners can add content
6 = the imager plane scene object
7 = max number of images to display before deleting the oldest

Parameter 2 must be replaced with libPlasma into a reference for your dynamic text map:
Code: Select all
      <plPythonParameter ID="2" Type="DynamicText">
         <plKey Name="name of dynamic text map" Type="plDynamicTextMap" Location="100;1" LocFlag="0x0000" />
      </plPythonParameter>
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Thanks, D'Lanor.

I've been doing almost all of this in blender, so, yes, I actually am very much interested. The only libplasma stuff I've done, is convert various age prps to .objs and then, to be honest, i've used riveal to extract textures, etc.

So, dynamic text maps are what I need to edit in.

By the by, I'm referring to any "Uru Modifications" aka, ages, etc, as "hacks" since that's what we do here. Everything we do, is a hack of some sort.

Now I just need to learn a little more about libplasma, as well as pyprp. Thanks for your assistance. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:13 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:Now I just need to learn a little more about libplasma, as well as pyprp. Thanks for your assistance. =)

I'm being really picky here, but it's libPlasma. Notice the capital P. libplasma is the main library in KDE. Notice the lowercase p. Just from a linux user (though I can't say I like KDE at all).

;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Ahh. I was a linux user, I've just not gotten around to reinstalling on my new desktop. Used to use KDE even, but, as yet, haven't had a linux install since before KDE4. I'd even prefer to use linux rather than windows, but, I'm just slack. =P
kaelisebonrai

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:54 pm

:)

I can't say I'm a fan of KDE 4. Can't even put icons on the desktop... Wtf is with that? Major GNOME fanboi here =)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:44 pm

really? That sounds like a downgrade from 3/3.5 :<

You could certainly do that in the older KDE versions. Strange. I've never been fond of GNOME much, the last time I used it, granted, this was years ago, the config editor, what.. well.. like regedit on windows. *shudders* When your configuration utility looks like regedit, something is seriously wrong. aka "ur doin' it rong, lads."
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:56 am

I can't say I'm a fan of KDE 4. Can't even put icons on the desktop
That's plain wrong, actually. Just add a "Folder View" widget, or - in my eyes even better - set your desktop containment to be a folder view.
A happy KDE 4 user here, including a desktop which looks and works just like the KDE 3 one :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:19 pm

That solution was not immediately obvious. I want my desktop to be a desktop out-of-the box...
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Charura » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:32 pm

And then what kaelise said...being really picky here, but it's libPlasma.
That solution was not immediately obvious. I want my desktop to be a desktop out-of-the box...

Sorry quoting and not giving.Shorah to those I may have upset...And Shorah to those I didn't...I enjoy the debate...
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Next

Return to Scripting