A question of.. Imagers.

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: A question of.. Imagers.

Postby Paradox » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 pm

D'Lanor wrote:Yes, only param 2. I don't know the exact notation. Probably something like this. If not I hope Dox will chime in.

Code: Select all
                  - type: dynamictext
                    ref: dyntextmap:<dynamic text map name>

This should be correct :)
Paradox

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanks, 'Dox and D'Lanor!

Had a couple of errors, but had a chat to 'Dox and I should have them sorted out, soon. They're my own mistakes, mind you, so far the merged plugin works wonderfully. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:06 am

So does this mean it is relatively easy to merge this into PyPRP 1.6? It would be nice to put this in the 1.6.1 release.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Paradox » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:18 am

D'Lanor wrote:So does this mean it is relatively easy to merge this into PyPRP 1.6? It would be nice to put this in the 1.6.1 release.

It has already been committed to trunk, so it should definitely end up in a 1.6.1 release :)
Paradox

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:17 am

Cool, but... I see you hooked it up to Blender's procedural noise texture. :? What happens if I want to use Blender's NOISE texture normally and I do not want a dynamic text map?
D'Lanor

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:47 am

well, I would suggest baking that texture.

See the tutorial on http://ghoulsblade.schattenkind.net/fre ... ure_baking its a mighty nice tutorial, but, mind you, I had a hand in it, so i'm a little bit biased. It is vaguely old, since now blender *does* support normal map baking. But, Uru has issues with normal maps, so far as i know, anyways.
kaelisebonrai

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:12 am

I should rephrase that. I was talking about breaking existing ages. So what if I already used the noise procedural textures in my age?

For example, I am actually using the halo procedural texture in one of my ages. So if you had used that it would have broken my age.

Why isn't this done with Alcscript?
D'Lanor

Postby Paradox » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:07 am

Blender's Noise texture never exported to PyPRP, so using it in an Age should have had no effect.

GPNMilano and I actually developed nearly identical DynamicTextMap code at nearly the same time. The only difference is that she used a Noise texture, and I used a Magic texture. I merged her version to trunk since it was a bit easier to extract from her branch than my version was. :P
Paradox

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:29 pm

I find it hard to believe that the export of procedural textures is selective. If I can export the halo texture I should be able to export the noise texture as well. Which is exactly what I am going to try when I get back home on monday.

I still think Alcscript should have been used.
D'Lanor

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:01 pm

Got an issue, not sure what the problem is, but, I've spent the last few days trying to get the dynamic text map working, with no luck. I've packaged up a blend with all the content, and I've uploaded it to: http://guildofartisans.org/uruages/kael ... WORK.blend

The scene obj is pubImagerscreen and the noise texture is pubimagerdyn.

I've managed to make the sprites work, so, not sure what the missing piece is now. If anyone is able to have a look through, I'd certainly appreciate it. =)

Thanks!
kaelisebonrai

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting