Elf Viewer

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Elf Viewer

Postby Jonnee » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:54 am

Hi friends!

It may be, that I have an error in a python file.
I just wanted to check it by using the Elf Viewer, but I can't find any logfile of my age in the logs folder.

Someone please has a quick guidance in using Elf Viewer for me?

Thanks alot. 8-)
Jonnee

Re: Elf Viewer

Postby Egon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:45 am

Python.0.log
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby Jonnee » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:01 am

Thanks, found what I need. 8-)
Jonnee

Postby diafero » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:26 am

Maybe have a look at PlasmaShop, Jonnee. It can not only open ELF Files, but also SDL, age, fni and so on files, basically everything except for prp, and it will display them in a nicely categorized view. It's really a pleasure to browse through the Uru files with that tool, and if you also install PrpShop, you can tell PlasmaShop where it lives and dive through prp files as well.
The libHSPlasma tools and Drizzle (and a good ol' editor) are really the only tools I use for Uru hacking today, and they both run on Linux natively :) . Okay, PlasmaShop does not (yet) support Python files, but you can just add UruPython to your toolset and be done (Drizzle is usually only necessary if I want to edit a prp file, because PrpShop can only edit a small subset of the prp objects, and if I want to unpack and decompile Python files without using the Windows-only UruPython). For me, this works much better than PrpExplorer, ELFViewer, UruFun and what else I used to have installed.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Scripting