Quick journals question

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Quick journals question

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 pm

It may be the difference between quotation marks (vertical) and apostrophes (slanted). Make sure you are using true quotation marks everywhere.

So always write D'ni and not something like D`ni or D‘ni.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Doobes » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:48 pm

D'Lanor wrote:It may be the difference between quotation marks (vertical) and apostrophes (slanted). Make sure you are using true quotation marks everywhere.

So always write D'ni and not something like D`ni or D‘ni.

Aaaaand THAT did the trick! Manually replacing each apostrophe and quotation mark in URUPython fixed things. Apparently, copying and pasting text from another program doesn't totally agree with either URUPython or PlasmaShop. I should have known. :roll:

Thank you for your help, D'Lanor and tachzusamm!
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby diafero » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:10 am

D'Lanor wrote:
tachzusamm wrote:PlasmaShop 3.0 Beta does not support compiling Python files, so take the 2.x one.

Actually that functionality has been recently added to PlasmaShop 3. And since this is new it may still have bugs.

Personally I prefer UruPython. Simple and always reliable.

No, PlasmaShop 3 still can not compiled and decompile Python files. The "support for pak files" means it can unpack and repack them, but it does not deal with the .pyc files.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Scripting