Interactive kickables?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Postby Aloys » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:36 pm

Is it (or rather, in an ideal world 'would it be') possible to have regions be associated to kickables? Like, say I have a machine, some stuff with regions and clickables, but I want to push it around. Would that be possible? I know regions can be moved, but can that be done via a kickable?

In the same range of ideas: would it be possible to have chairs/benches as kickables so we can push them around?
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:52 pm

:blink:

Certainly an interesting idea. I'm not sure. It's quite possible that it would work.
Paradox

Postby Branan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:03 pm

I think we'd need to get constraints working. Then you can bind the click-region to the kickable, so it follows it around.

We've seen evidence that it can be done - the train-thingy in Er'Cana is a wonderful example of a physics-enabled object with a click region that moves around.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:59 am

I'm facing this problem with my design of my shell (111). It involves moving platforms with regions. I'm fully expecting that I have to have multiple regions - one for each location in which the platforms will be. Only one will be active at a time; the others will be disabled/suppressed.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Return to Scripting