New Journal tutorial

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Postby Aloys » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:00 pm

A new tutorial to make clickable journals is now online thanks to the help of our resident fellow coders. :)
http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/Creating_Journals
I've tried to make it as simple as possible to follow, especially for people who are not familliar with Python coding.
Any feedback is welcome.

I am also updating the Plasma Engine HTML page to go along and will keep updating it tonight. (Still trying to figure out why some Images won't display in journals.)
Aloys

Postby Aloys » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:02 pm

I just reworked the Plasma HTML page.
There are still a couple things I can't really figure out though. Like using decals; why textures with alpha mask will either not display or crash Uru; and why some pictures won't display eventhough the correct name is given in the '' tag..

At the same time I also had to create a new page for special characters in PBML, so that foreign people with unusual languages can write journals too. ;)

(yay for cross-posting with Alcugs! :P )
Aloys

Postby Aloys » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:32 pm

(Weee.. triple post)

I just realized had put the wrong link in my first post above..... :roll: (PBML page instead of the main tutorial)
Aloys

Return to Scripting