Alcscript needed

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Alcscript needed

Postby Karkadann » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:56 am

I wonder if their is a way to set up her scope in Max so she can add it to her age as prp file similar to the way I added the HMS sword to Teledahn

Show Spoiler
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 am

That's possible, by exporting the telescope in another PRP and adding it to the Age after that.
Although it may be a bit tricky since you need to know the exact Age name, sequence prefix, page id, telescope location, camera field of view, etc.
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:00 am

Sirius wrote:Unfortunately, it seems PyPRP does not support multistage animations. Right now, the only way to make a scope is to write a custom Python file using only one animation (the two others will be missing), or use 3dsMax, or fix PyPRP so it supports multistage.

What I've done in the past is manually add the MultiStageBehMod using PRPShop. It's still a pain though. :(
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:13 pm

If you want I could set it up for you if you send me the info.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:30 am

Ok, so today I had some free time and I was feeling like doing some Python scripting...

PyPRP now supports multistage behaviors. I doubt anyone will find a use for anything other than telescopes, but well...
(it may not be obvious due to the big cube in front of him, but the avatar is actually playing the "scope grab" animation - it only lacks a proper mesh.)

I just need to write a good tutorial to wrap this up (preferably with pictures, maybe even a resource Blender file for simplicity's sake). Maybe add a quickscript to make the AlcScript simpler too.
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Sirius wrote:PyPRP now supports multistage behaviors.

That is awesome. You have no idea. Please open a PR for that so we can merge it into the main branch. :D :D

Sirius wrote:I doubt anyone will find a use for anything other than telescopes, but well...

It's useful for a lot of things! Proper nexus stand linking, for one, IIRC, among many other things.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:22 am

Deledrius wrote:That is awesome. You have no idea. [...] It's useful for a lot of things! Proper nexus stand linking, for one, IIRC, among many other things
Wow, I didn't believe you would be that thrilled ! :D I know it's very useful: it's at the core of the new Wall-climbing in Gahreesen on DI 8-) It's pretty useful whenever you need something that a OneShotMod can't do.

But most of the time it's Python-controlled, meaning it's harder for builders to use it. In general, a simple OneShot is enough - some builders here don't use avatar animations at all, but as long as the button/book/lever is clickable, it's enough.

( IIRC, it's only used for one of those: linking out animation, holding scopes, climbing blocked ladders like in Er'cana or Ahnonay, holding the aquarium button in Teledahn. Only blocked ladders and scopes might be useful anyway. Oh, and maybe Wall climbing like in Gahreesen, but for Fan-Ages - it still needs its own Python script anyway )

Deledrius wrote:Please open a PR for that so we can merge it into the main branch. :D :D
Sure ! I'll make sure everything works as intended, then submit it. I also need to find what else I modified since the last version (I remember I disabled the sum file, which you might want to keep in the main version. I also have some tweaks like support for the (buggy) fMinDist and fMaxDist in the icicle)
Sirius

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:01 am

Wonderfull News :)

Thank you in advance for your work :!: :!:
Dulcamara

Postby dendwaler » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:53 am

Wow Sirius,
It seems like you did it again!

Reading this, and when my understanding is right it could be a great help for me.
I really hope i can use it.
In my Cathedral i have 12 sequencies of animations, all part of an important puzzle.
The avatar triggers the animation start , but the end of animation "1" triggers a new animation on a different object.
After about 50% of that animation a third one has to start. All three have sounds coupled that have to be synchronized with this event.
When the complete sequence is ended The avatar can trigger it again, if he likes, but during the event triggering must be not available.

For me this was very difficult to realize, it works but I am not satisfied.
I had to trigger all animations at once and used timers to tune the animation start.
Its all depends on the invoked timer delay.
I have no idea how this kind of "timed" constructions will behave on different computers with different speeds.

My hope is that you brought today a much simpler and more elegant solution by introducing multistage behaviors.
Thx
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Sirius wrote:Wow, I didn't believe you would be that thrilled ! :D I know it's very useful: it's at the core of the new Wall-climbing in Gahreesen on DI 8-) It's pretty useful whenever you need something that a OneShotMod can't do.
Of course! No one else is really working on that thing, but people are still using it and it's still incomplete, so new stuff is good.

Sirius wrote:
Deledrius wrote:Please open a PR for that so we can merge it into the main branch. :D :D
Sure ! I'll make sure everything works as intended, then submit it. I also need to find what else I modified since the last version (I remember I disabled the sum file, which you might want to keep in the main version. I also have some tweaks like support for the (buggy) fMinDist and fMaxDist in the icicle)

I did some work on implementing bare-bones MultiStageBehMods for use in the Linking stuff which you may want to look at (and Hoikas added some, too). Never got around to finishing that, and some of the export_script stuff was placeholder or debug still. If you have other work to submit, feel free, but try to keep different fixes/additions in separate PRs. It makes it easier to review which helps it get merged more quickly. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting