Animated Kickable in Korman

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Animated Kickable in Korman

Postby cskid13 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:54 am

I am trying to create a kickable in Korman at the moment. However, I would like it to start beneath the surface and then animate to above ground when a button is pressed. After this, I would it to work as a functional kickable, but this isn't working for some reason. How would I set this up?
cskid13

Re: Animated Kickable in Korman

Postby Sirius » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:39 am

My first guess is that the animation and the physics engine are fighting for control over the kickable's position...

I didn't test the following node graph, but I love playing with graphs in Korman, so I gave it a try ! :D Maybe it will help ?
Show Spoiler

What I tried to do in the previous graph:
  • When the animation starts, send a "Disable Physics" message to the kickable. This prevents the physics engine from dragging the object downwards.
  • Then, start the animation.
  • Wait for the animation to end (that's what the "Timed Callback" is, you'll have to adjust it to the correct time in seconds).
  • And finally re-enable physics for the kickable.

(btw, isn't there a better way to lock the responder until the animation is finished ? This would avoid using the timed callback...)

Anyway, Korman devs: you did a great job. Logic scripting is so fun ! It would have taken me hours to find the AlcScript equivalent... :)
Sirius

Postby cskid13 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:19 am

This seems like it should work, however, it doesn't. I think that I am not configuring the kickable correctly in the first place. Do you know what I need to do to make it work in Korman? So far I have enabled rigid body physics on the active setting, and checked the "dynamic" button on the plasma collision modifier. I do not have "animated" checked, but this doesn't seem to be necessary, and it wasn't working when I had it checked before either. Anything else I need to do?
cskid13

Postby Sirius » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:24 am

Ah well... No, I don't know. I'll try again and see if I can find how to do it.
Sirius

Postby cskid13 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:07 am

Maybe Korman just doesn't support them yet. I'm trying a couple of other things, and I'll see what happens.
cskid13

Return to Scripting