[Blender-PyPRP-AlcScript] soundfx isn't playing

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: [Blender-PyPRP-AlcScript] soundfx isn't playing

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:17 am

Thank you, i will take a look at it tomorrow :-)
Dulcamara

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:21 am

Thank you :-) I will take a look at it tomorrow.

I do not find the blendfile becouse it was under dat :oops:
Dulcamara

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:53 am

Hello Maroonroon,
unfortunately I could not find the mistake.
I had some guesses and tested the changes, unfortunately without success.
But I'm sure that Doobes or dendwalder can help you better.

Nevertheless, I would like to tell you what I found out or what I would change.

The age name is a little bit short. I use Notepad for working on the Alcscripts. You can imagine that if you want to use the option search it does not help if you just search for a letter like a.
For this door, it is not necessary to search for the Age name, since you want to use the standard script. But later, if you want to add a "personalized puzzle" or similar, it's better to look for a longer name to be possible change AlcScripts or Pythonscripts.

I changed the age name in ABZ and the Sequence Prefix to 28101, becouse these Sequence Prefix is already used: https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Uru:CC_ ... e_Prefixes
281 StiltHouse01 TheScar's Stilt house (available within "Trigon Ages Group") - Not yet available TheScar

Test 3 using a new Python.pak with ABZ.Py and DoorOpenClose.Py (ABZ.py is the age.py and DoorOpenClose.py your Door.py)

Using PythonELF to entcrypt the log data :

Show Spoiler

I can not help you with this TypeError: bad argument for built-in operation. I did not find this xStandardDoor.py. But would like to have a look on it.

Finally, I tested the door with my own script (vonFruti), changed Python file and SDL. The log file was without errors. The door had a clickpoint. She opened herself and closed herself again. But there was no avatar animation to see.
I also believe that something is not right with the blendfile, as Dendwaler already suspected. Maybe there is something wrong with the parenting, or with the animation on the oneshot.

Greetings Dulvcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Maroonroon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Dulcamara wrote:Hello Maroonroon,
unfortunately I could not find the mistake.
I had some guesses and tested the changes, unfortunately without success.
But I'm sure that Doobes or dendwalder can help you better.

Nevertheless, I would like to tell you what I found out or what I would change.

The age name is a little bit short. I use Notepad for working on the Alcscripts. You can imagine that if you want to use the option search it does not help if you just search for a letter like a.
For this door, it is not necessary to search for the Age name, since you want to use the standard script. But later, if you want to add a "personalized puzzle" or similar, it's better to look for a longer name to be possible change AlcScripts or Pythonscripts.

I changed the age name in ABZ and the Sequence Prefix to 28101, becouse these Sequence Prefix is already used: https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Uru:CC_ ... e_Prefixes
281 StiltHouse01 TheScar's Stilt house (available within "Trigon Ages Group") - Not yet available TheScar

Oops sorry for that...
In fact, I use the "a" Age name only for my test files, because it's easier to type "/link a" than typing "/link WhatEverAgeName".
The test files of this sliding door are for my "StiltHouse01" real Age, it's why I used the "281" Sequence Prefix.
Maroonroon = TheScar

Dulcamara wrote:Test 3 using a new Python.pak with ABZ.Py and DoorOpenClose.Py (ABZ.py is the age.py and DoorOpenClose.py your Door.py)

Using PythonELF to entcrypt the log data :

Show Spoiler

I can not help you with this TypeError: bad argument for built-in operation. I did not find this xStandardDoor.py. But would like to have a look on it.

Finally, I tested the door with my own script (vonFruti), changed Python file and SDL. The log file was without errors. The door had a clickpoint. She opened herself and closed herself again. But there was no avatar animation to see.
I also believe that something is not right with the blendfile, as Dendwaler already suspected. Maybe there is something wrong with the parenting, or with the animation on the oneshot.

Greetings Dulvcamara

Thank you very much for your tests.
Maroonroon

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Maroonroon wrote:In fact, I use the "a" Age name only for my test files, because it's easier to type "/link a" than typing "/link WhatEverAgeName".

Why not use the /autolink command?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Maroonroon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:21 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Maroonroon wrote:In fact, I use the "a" Age name only for my test files, because it's easier to type "/link a" than typing "/link WhatEverAgeName".

Why not use the /autolink command?

Well, if I'm already in the "a" Age and only want to check by re-linking here if a SDL state have been saved, for example, "/link a" is ideal, even if "/autolink" is set to the "a" Age. ;)
Maroonroon

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:30 am

LOL, your are the writer of 281, that explains it of course.

The first day i used your agename a with autolink, without problems. The next day, same procedure. But i have had every time an error to link in. Relto and then loading and stop, bing.....though I had always deleted the save and the complete dat file

This error i have only, if soemthing is wrong with the alcscript. For example, i forget to set an actor. But that only briefly to explain why I changed the name in ABZ.

I have three questions, i want only that I understand it too. Why the script use 13 ExtOneshot and only 4 IntOneshot ? Is it why the ExtOneshot make an animation itself ?

And where is the reference to your a.py in the script?
The last, where can I extract the xStandardDoor.py
Dulcamara

Postby Deledrius » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Dulcamara wrote:The last, where can I extract the xStandardDoor.py

xStandardDoor.py
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Maroonroon » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Dulcamara wrote:Why the script use 13 ExtOneshot and only 4 IntOneshot ? Is it why the ExtOneshot make an animation itself ?

Yes, this difference is because of the "ExtOneshot" animation.
For this sliding door, I haven't used parenting between "Door01" and "ExtOneshot"; because "ExtOneshot" isn't sliding as much as "Door01", and is rotating.

Dulcamara wrote:And where is the reference to your a.py in the script?

There's no reference to my "a.py" file in the script.
If you use global scripts, the reference is to the global script you use ("xStandardDoor.py" for example); this global script is looking for the "age_name.py" file.
But if you don't use global scripts, the script needs a reference to the python file that you want.
If I understood well.
Maroonroon

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:54 am

Thank you to you both for the response :-)
Dulcamara

Previous

Return to Scripting