Korman - several questions

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Korman - several questions

Postby ametist » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 am

Hi! I am back and I am building again! :) . A Little sneak peak is attched ( I cant get the paste image to work so therefor no 'Show Spoiler' button, my apologies! :roll: )

The new Korman tool is awesome, and I have been able to get many things to work, thanks to the tutorials. So cudos to Tsar Hoikas and all of you that have been working with Korman!

For now I am happy to build for the offline URU and testing the age there, but maybe I can get it further /fingers crossed… I dont dare look at the python files yet :lol:

And of course I cant get everything to work so I have to ask and hope for help!

First : I cant figure out how to get two animations - two different objects - to run at the same time? The nodetree consists of clickable region, a clickable that trigger a oneshot and then the animation on the clickable object, then activates a sound, then animates a door and last moves the clickable. It works fine.

Second: Ladders? I have created a ladder with first rung 0.42 above floor and the next rung + 1 unit up etc(found that info from browsing the forum), an empty, a trigger region with the ladder modification on. But no climbing? Do I need a nodetree for that?

Third: Subworlds? Same with that, I have created the objects 'the old way', a subworld parent holding the animation, the vehicle and the trigger regions and placed the subworld modification on the region. But nothing. So how do I do?

So you see I am a newbie again :lol: and I appreciate all help!
Attachments
TiamWIPsmall.jpg
TiamWIPsmall.jpg (34.34 KiB) Viewed 6421 times
KormanNodetree.png
KormanNodetree.png (99.93 KiB) Viewed 6421 times
ametist

Re: Korman - several questions

Postby Sirius » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:31 am

Wow, welcome back ! It's been a while :D

ametist wrote:First : I cant figure out how to get two animations - two different objects - to run at the same time? The nodetree consists of clickable region, a clickable that trigger a oneshot and then the animation on the clickable object, then activates a sound, then animates a door and last moves the clickable. It works fine.

Setup like this, animations will run sequentially because you linked them together using the Send On Completion event. So the OneShot will play first, then the PillarKnob anim, then the sound will play, then Movedoor will play, etc.
Instead, you'll need to link all your messages (animation and sound) to a single node so they are started together: remove any link between the sound and animation messages, then link the One Shot's "Send On Completion" to ALL your other animation and sound messages.

ametist wrote:Second: Ladders? I have created a ladder with first rung 0.42 above floor and the next rung + 1 unit up etc(found that info from browsing the forum), an empty, a trigger region with the ladder modification on. But no climbing? Do I need a nodetree for that?

Korman has a bug with collisions on Complete Chronicles (I don't think it was fixed yet). Usually the collision for those ladders end up at coordinate (0, 0, 0). This should eventually be fixed by a new release of Korman.

ametist wrote:Third: Subworlds? Same with that, I have created the objects 'the old way', a subworld parent holding the animation, the vehicle and the trigger regions and placed the subworld modification on the region. But nothing. So how do I do?

I'm not sure, but I think this might be the same bug that affects ladders, since it's related to detector collisions once again.

Don't hesitate if you have more question, and have fun building ;)
Sirius

Postby ametist » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks Sirius for fast answer and the welcome! Feels good to be back :).
Setup like this, animations will run sequentially because you linked them together using the Send On Completion event. So the OneShot will play first, then the PillarKnob anim, then the sound will play, then Movedoor will play, etc.
Instead, you'll need to link all your messages (animation and sound) to a single node so they are started together: remove any link between the sound and animation messages, then link the One Shot's "Send On Completion" to ALL your other animation and sound messages.

Aha, nice! This is something I never tried and it works like a charm! :lol:

Korman has a bug with collisions on Complete Chronicles (I don't think it was fixed yet). Usually the collision for those ladders end up at coordinate (0, 0, 0). This should eventually be fixed by a new release of Korman.

Ok, then I will have to rethink, no problem. Things always change along the way. What you end up with has seldom any likeness with what you started with, atleast thats the way it is for me :P
ametist

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:01 am

ametist wrote:Hi! I am back and I am building again!

Welcome back!

ametist wrote:Second: Ladders? I have created a ladder with first rung 0.42 above floor and the next rung + 1 unit up etc(found that info from browsing the forum), an empty, a trigger region with the ladder modification on. But no climbing? Do I need a nodetree for that?

Oh, no, please don't do all that manually! Not unless you really need to... there's a whole tool in Korman that does it all for you. :(

Use the Add->Plasma->Ladder function to create one that's all been pre-measured and wired up! All of the options you need will be in the tool panel.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Doobes » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:15 am

Deledrius wrote:Oh, no, please don't do all that manually! Not unless you really need to... there's a whole tool in Korman that does it all for you. :(

Use the Add->Plasma->Ladder function to create one that's all been pre-measured and wired up! All of the options you need will be in the tool panel.

So very much THIS. I've used it and it takes all the guesswork out of those pesky ladders. :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:07 am

I've created an (as-yet unfinished) page of documentation on using the Ladders in Korman: https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Korman:Ladders

It's not perfect (I plan to add some better walkthrough portions and much better illustrations) but hopefully that can get you started on how it's meant to go!

Doobes wrote:So very much THIS. I've used it and it takes all the guesswork out of those pesky ladders. :)

I hope to have some new ones in the next release. They've been pushed back too many times already!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby ametist » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:53 am

Great, thanks a lot guys! Just read the tutorial and will try it asap. I havent even noticed that Plasma option in the Add menu :oops:
ametist

Postby Chacal » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:47 am

I hope you implemented my suggestions for Korman:

Wanted features:
- exporting aborts when a corridor in the Age is longer than 30 meters;
- exporting aborts when more than 3 ladders in the Age OR total number of rungs exceeds 12.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Aloys » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Chacal wrote:I hope you implemented my suggestions for Korman:

Wanted features:
- exporting aborts when more than 3 ladders in the Age OR total number of rungs exceeds 12.

I totally have both of those in my Ahra Pahts shells. :?
Aloys

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:41 pm

Chacal wrote:I hope you implemented my suggestions for Korman:

Wanted features:

You have no idea how tempting this is. :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Next

Return to Scripting