Korman - texture animation and nodetree

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Korman - texture animation and nodetree

Postby ametist » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:54 am

Now I need help again ;) I have three planes with transparent textures on, sitting on top of each other. I want them to animate when I enter a region, one after the other. But they dont! So what I am missing here?
I have made a nodetree that have a Region Sensor node with Trigger on Enter, a Responder, a Responder State and three Animation Commands, one after the other. In the commands I have set the animation to texture, then object, then material, then the texture.
I know the animations work because if I set them to autostart I can see them.
ametist

Re: Korman - texture animation and nodetree

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:01 am

Can you post a screenshot of the current node tree? That would help us to debug it. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby ametist » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:55 am

Sure! Here it is:
Attachments
AnimText_Nodetree.jpg.png
AnimText_Nodetree.jpg.png (100.65 KiB) Viewed 4917 times
ametist

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:58 am

That looks correct. Are you testing in the PotS engine, or in the MOULa engine? If you're using the modern engine, press L until you see the Detector Log and watch in real time as you enter and exit the region, checking that it's being triggered properly. If you're using the legacy engine, you'll have to check your Detector log elf. Korman's PotS exporter has a bug which will be fixed in the next version that may be causing you an issue here, but that's only relevant if you're developing Ages in PotS.

Edit: Hoikas has reminded me that the Detector log isn't written out to the elf logs in PotS so there's no way to debug this part of your Age when using the legacy engine. :(
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby ametist » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:26 am

Thanks! I am developing for URU CC, I have no way to test for MOULa. After troubleshooting I think I have the answer though - I had placed the trigger region surrounding the linkin-spot, I didnt remember that in URU CC the avatar does not trigger the region when 'linking in'. Isnt that correct?
So for now I have set the animations to autostart. That works fine. I will figure out another way of trigging it :)
ametist

Return to Scripting