Uru deleting files?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Uru deleting files?

Postby Aloys » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:45 pm

I have Uru actually deleting one of my PRPs in Ahra and I don't understand why.
The Prp is a page of the Age (a shell) and it is 100% identical to the other 149 other pages. Yet when I look at the /dat folder and as soon as I start Uru the file gets deleted! (actually this is when it first start loading stuff right after the Cyan/Ubi logos videos)
I had already seen that in the past but it was long ago and I don't remember what caused it.

Anyone knows under what circumstances can Uru CC delete a PRP?
Aloys

Re: Uru deleting files?

Postby Paradox » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:49 pm

If I recall, it double checks all of the files for accuracy before it loads anything.

If it detects something wrong with the file, it will delete it. However, it won't delete out-of-date files that don't match the .sum file (thus why you sometimes get errors about corrupt files).

Try exporting that shell again, and then viewing it with PRPExplorer or PrpTool. There might be something wrong with the file that is causing Uru to delete it.
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:12 pm

Sounds like a good idea but I wouldn’t know what to look for.

Before I export them to a PRP the objects included are all OK. If only because they are identical to the objects in the other shells PRP.
I have a shells.blend file which hosts all the 150 empty shell files, and all the objects in there are instances of each other. . So there are actually identical as far as the geometry/UV/Materials/Textures are concerned ; and they all export without trouble. The properties are only different because of the pages numbers, but I have checked, double checked, triple checked, all the mere 22 objects that make this PRP and they are all perfectly fine.
All the shells PRP works fine except this one. But then again, instances have already proved to be unreliable under some mysterious circumstances..
Aloys

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 pm

If I recall the registry code of Plasma correctly, then Uru checks a simple checksum that is stored inside the PRP. If this checksum is invalid, then the prp is deleted. There are also other ways for a prp to be deleted by Uru, but I do not recall them offhand.

By any chance, have you modified the prp with PRPExplorer?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Nope. I never touched my PRPs aftr they are exported. Also the checksum are ok; always updated with plasmashop.
Aloys

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:39 pm

Hmmm... Just out of curiosity, open the bad prp in PRPExplorer. If no error messages come up, then make a few changes to the PRP (doesn't matter what they are... Just fart around), and close PRPEx, then try the age again.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Chacal » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:13 pm

- Try recalculating the checksum with Urufun. You never know.
- Could be a typo that you don't see. Try peer review.
- Try changing something in that shell and export it again.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Return to Scripting