Is the Code for My Age Available?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Is the Code for My Age Available?

Postby Zrax » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:20 pm

Actually, that's already in there too... Go to File->Options->Editor tab and select "Line Numbers", and you should be good to go ;). Hmm, perhaps what I really need to add is some form of documentation, lol!
Zrax

Postby Grogyan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:31 pm

There is a small bug though, forcing me to shutdown the computer.
When you double click on the pages in the Districts section, the program opens up an infinite amount of new windows.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Zrax » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:54 am

Hmm, that would be problematic... I can't seem to reproduce the bug though -- could you provide more details, such as what program you have set as your PRP Editor (File->Options->General tab), and what specifically is opening up infinitely (a program, a dialog box, etc -- if it's a dialog box, what does it say?). Thanks
Zrax

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Zrax wrote:Actually, that's already in there too... Go to File->Options->Editor tab and select "Line Numbers", and you should be good to go ;).

I found it - great! Goodbye, Emacs! :p
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Zrax wrote:Hmm, that would be problematic... I can't seem to reproduce the bug though -- could you provide more details, such as what program you have set as your PRP Editor (File->Options->General tab), and what specifically is opening up infinitely (a program, a dialog box, etc -- if it's a dialog box, what does it say?). Thanks

PlasmaShop is the default which I havn't changed.
Is that mean't to point to PrpExplorer or Blender?
Grogyan

Postby Zrax » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Oh, haha, yes, I see the problem now... PlasmaShop uses the same code when it loads from the command line as when it loads from user input, so if you have it set to launch PlasmaShop, it'll keep opening up more copies of PlasmaShop ;). At this point, I think PRPTool is the only program that really supports command-line loading of PRPs (please do correct me if I'm wrong though), so if you don't have that (I haven't officially released a version in a very long time), you might just want to leave that blank, or point it to another program (like Blender or PrpExplorer) knowing that you'll still have to load by hand anyway. I guess I'll go ahead and provide a download to PRPTool 0.2 also, but just keep in mind that it's not really supported, and despite what the interface may seem to imply, it's 100% read-only (I was originally planning on making it write also, but I never got to that due to the poor low-level structure I started from way back when). Also, I'll add a fix that will at least prevent PlasmaShop from entering that infinite loop of self-launches in the next release. Thanks!

PRPTool 0.2 (also with Hex Isle support :D)
Last edited by Zrax on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zrax

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:36 pm

I've set it to PrpTool, and its pretty happy now.

Also that link to PrpTool.02.zip is a bit broken.

Thanks anyways ;)
Grogyan

Postby Zrax » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Oops -- fixed :)
Zrax

Previous

Return to Scripting