Dynamic Book Template

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Dynamic Book Template

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Keep in mind that this way you can no longer have multiple BookPages in one book, which was my original intention for this template. But then I don't think you'll be using that.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:50 pm

I have a new version of this template ready which I am currently testing. I ditched the tuples (lists enclosed in parentheses) in favor of plain lists [between square brackets]. Single item tuples which have to be terminated by a comma are just not user friendly enough for a template.

You can now also define different covers for each book and specify if you want a particular book open or closed when it is clicked.

Probably tomorrow I will post the template version 2 in a new thread.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Grogyan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:25 pm

Thats great to hear, i'll be trialling out journals after finishing of learning ladders.

Just three quick questions,
Will we still be able to put diagrams and pictures into the journal?
Is it possible to have more than 1 book in the immediate vicinity of the avatar, and open the correct book?
And can you please put this template on the Wiki?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby andylegate » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:34 pm

If you are going to have more than one journal, and quite a bit of journal content, then you'll use a seperate "external" journal content file (as seen with his templates). It still uses the content code, but I haven't tested images when I got it working for me.I could try a quick test. Tomorrow though, as it's very late here right now.

Multiple books. Yes I beleive you can do that, as the click object is defines both in the logic properties of the object, and in the ALCscript, and then also in the Python script. Again, I can test it quickly for you tomorrow morning.

Putting them on the Wiki, that's up to D'Lanor, as they are his creations, but I do think that it should go with a tutorial. But keep in mind, these templates are not just for Journals, but for linking books too. The the tutorial should cover both.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Lontahv » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:34 pm

I have to try this template. :)

I think that it would be nice to have a scope template.

*Lontahv hopes that D'Lanor will make a scope template so that when he wants to make a scope It'll be really easy*
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby boblishman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:26 am

Andy, could you try Alpha images (like sketeches) as well...

(if they dont appear but there's a space where they should be, try deleting the text cache file and setting the "Interpol" button to OFF (or use a filename that begins with "noCompress[filename].png") as compressing images seems to stop them appearing in the journals. Also, I noticed that non base 2 image sizes get resized during export (e.g. a 200pixel x 400 pixel image would be resized to 256 x 256) ... I don't yet know of an way to stop the plugin from resizing images to base 2... this also seems to affect the ability to have transparent sketches in journals ...)
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Previous

Return to Scripting