Learning the first rudiments of the Art

Role Playing forum for all Age Writers. Tell your own story here!

Re: Learning the first rudiments of the Art

Postby Pavitra » Sat May 15, 2010 8:35 am

Sure. I'll leave your reference book there as well.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat May 15, 2010 9:26 am

Reading over it, on and off, much better, I think. =)

Should work just fine, at the worst, it'll still be safe. So, give 'er a go. =)

Looking forward to your (and mine for that matter), first descriptive Book, should you ever decide to do that. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby Pavitra » Sat May 15, 2010 9:32 am

Awesome, thanks!

Now I just have to find a kor'nea...
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby Jadawin12 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:23 am

Hello Pavitra good to see you again. Taking a trip away from Greenflower. Sorry to interupt I was just passing by to check out some of the Guild's books on the Art to learn a bit more about the Ages I'm trying to Restore, and I heard you two talking. The Guild should have some Kor'teenea, I'm sure you could recieve one if asked. The process is fairly painless, I've already picked up a few blank linking Books myself. Many of the Early Founders searched the City fairly well for Books storing the extra here. But some of the Guildsmen and Guildswomen still prefer searching the City to find new Blank Books. Once again though sorry for interupting, Oh and your Mr. Ebonrai I presume? I've been meaning to talk to you about your Firemarble Battery research...
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Postby Pavitra » Sat May 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Oh, that's quite good to hear.

Something occurs to me. If there were Books found in the City, shouldn't more of those same Books still be present in private instances? As long as we have access to our Relto books, we should have a renewable source of kortee'nea. Or does instancing not work like that?
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 am

Y'know to some extent I never really considered the full implications of the Instances, much to my chagrin. While I wouldn't say the supply is infinite, it is certainly plentiful. The idea that every explorer has access to so many near identical versions of these Ages puts a slight nervousness in my being. Although from what I know of the community so far the benefits far outway the risks.
Jadawin12

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun May 23, 2010 8:21 am

Jadawin12 wrote:Hello Pavitra good to see you again. Taking a trip away from Greenflower. Sorry to interupt I was just passing by to check out some of the Guild's books on the Art to learn a bit more about the Ages I'm trying to Restore, and I heard you two talking. The Guild should have some Kor'teenea, I'm sure you could recieve one if asked. The process is fairly painless, I've already picked up a few blank linking Books myself. Many of the Early Founders searched the City fairly well for Books storing the extra here. But some of the Guildsmen and Guildswomen still prefer searching the City to find new Blank Books. Once again though sorry for interupting, Oh and your Mr. Ebonrai I presume? I've been meaning to talk to you about your Firemarble Battery research...

I wasn't aware that there was any major guild work to find Books... Or that the early founders had anything to do with such work... Anyone care to give some info on this?

As for firemarble research, might be interesting to catch up, Kaelis Ebonrai is only my pseudonym, feel free to call me by my name - Blake Heatly. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby Tweek » Sun May 23, 2010 1:47 pm

I have been amassing resources with my team for Tahgayrahn, we've a large collection of Rehevkortee ready for use, a collection of blank practice books, limited Kortenea and ink supply, we've also been working on chronicling some of the Garohevtee found and their relation to what is found within the Ages, which should serve to help.

We're just trying to figure out a logging system that registers who takes what (akin to a public library).
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Apologies Mr. Heatly, from what I gathered in the Cavern a number of folk prefer to go by their pseudonyms. Oh and Mr. Lord nice to meet you, you gave me an invite you your 'hood a while back, thank you for that and the information. I suppose I should properly introduce myself, I am Thelonius Higginsbottom, and while I prefer the nickname Prof, you may also call me by the others which are... Thel, Theo, Professor, Higgins, and Mr. Bottom. As for an organized Guild work to find Books I would say there is none. I find the Guilds loose knit nature part of its charm. I am a late comer to the Cavern, which is very ironic if you know about the organization I represent, and the information I learned about the Guild came from a paphlet.. part of it read

At the same time a few of the old groups went through some rough times. One or two had leadership crises. So a few of the members of different groups joined together and started meeting in the new Guild Pub. They set up a central library on the Art, and started to supply empty books. Just that! Nothing more at first. But after a while more people flocked together, and in a few months we were almost a real Guild.

So the resources I was referring was from previous orgaizations brining into the Guild, but as Mr. Lord stated there are some still bringing Books and supplies to the Guilds.

So those batteries... Do the require pressure similar to the Riven 'waffle iron' I know that Cyan created the games and as such it is most likely inaccurate but I was wondering if they had that part right?

Oh and Mr. Lord, Taygayrahn I think I've heard of that, that's a teaching Age correct?
Last edited by Jadawin12 on Mon May 31, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jadawin12

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun May 23, 2010 11:37 pm

The battery system I'm using is more akin to the marble-batteries shown in Exile (I think Presto made that, with Cyan's guidance?). =) But, I may just have to try the whole pressure concept, sometime. =)

I've gotten a PC to run off them, but, it cuts out far, far too often. =/ It still needs work. The little suckers are also /very/ volatile. Hence why I never did get that fridge in my pub going.

I'm working off old d'ni notes in the Workshop, as I call it, it seems to be pretty much a workshop for tech stuff, seems to have been owned by a small group, maybe even an individual with some regular guests. Lots of technical reference stuff, but almost no info about the history of the Age.
kaelisebonrai

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing