Need advice - Writing my Korfah.

Role Playing forum for all Age Writers. Tell your own story here!

Need advice - Writing my Korfah.

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 am

Hi all, I'm slowly beginning to Write my first Age. I've played around with linking Books, and all that, for a while now...

But Writing an Age? That's a big step. I know many of you have done the same, do you have any advice?

The concept that I have, for now.. is a dark Age... with an inner light. The light I think will be a light feature in the Age, and I'm thinking of a basin surrounded in high stone.

But I'm a little worried about making that first link, and writing the Age. My handwriting is notoriously messy, but doesn't seem to be too messy when making linking Books.. but.. yeah. Any suggestions?
kaelisebonrai

Re: Need advice - Writing my Korfah.

Postby ZURI » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:56 pm

Kaelis,

I would begin by thinking deeply about the stratus underlying your age. How is it going to be constructed? Is it on solid bedrock, sand, permafrost? What environment is it located in?

Why is it dark? Is the planet in a locked orbit with the location on the "dark" side of it's star? Or, is it located inside a large crater - or between mountains?

What causes the light? Is it due to natural occurances, or something man-made?
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Re: Need advice - Writing my Korfah.

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:10 am

Sorry I've been so slow to respond to this, I've been insanely busy of late.

I've begun to pen the Age in a blank journal, for now, just to get everything right, I've been toying with the idea of it being on an island surrounded by, well, I guess you could call them crags. =)

The light, I think, will be man made, perhaps something built from the stuff I've found in the Workshop (some sort of workshop Age, no idea why they had an Age for it, but, eh, but there's *lots* of stuff in the storerooms).

I also like the idea of it being overcast. Though, I might change my mind before actually Writing the Descriptive Book. =)

We'll see, she's early stages yet. =)
kaelisebonrai

Return to Role Playing