IC site

Discuss issues with role playing age creation. What are some sticky points that must be overcome? How will certain processes translate to RP?

Re: IC site

Postby Tweek » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

teedyo wrote:This must mean that I'm the only one seeing light gray on dark blue which is almost as bad as white on black.

yeah there's no blue in there.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Aloys » Wed May 05, 2010 3:29 am

As I mentionned for the previous draft I like the general graphic direction; however I think a clearer background would work better. Light grey text on dark grey is slightly less 'agressive' than sheer white on black, but an even lighter background would be a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Tweek wrote:the header section that shows Bimevi currently I was thinking could be a rotation, that cycles through several fan Age images randomly.
That sounds like a good idea to me.

It would be better in my opinion if the guild's name was capitalized. Looks a bit too bloggish with the name lowercase.

I'll second that, maybe a capitalization of the G & W? Or have the name centered horizontally?

Also, I seem to be in the minority on this but I think that we should have some sort of reference to the D'ni Art/culture. Maybe a bit of D'ni writing, or some sort of Book.. Something that specifically references Uru and/or the D'ni culture at large, so that when you come on the site you know right away what this is all about.
Aloys

Postby BAD » Wed May 05, 2010 10:37 am

Aloys wrote:Also, I seem to be in the minority on this but I think that we should have some sort of reference to the D'ni Art/culture. Maybe a bit of D'ni writing, or some sort of Book.. Something that specifically references Uru and/or the D'ni culture at large, so that when you come on the site you know right away what this is all about.

Although we have been careful to make sure we don't get compared to the old Guild of Writers, I think Aloy's has a good point. We are here to create ages for Uru, and honoring the D'ni a little bit wouldn't be a bad thing.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby kahinj » Mon May 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Any new updates on the IC Site?
Life is a book.
kahinj

Postby Aloys » Tue May 11, 2010 2:42 am

The texts I posted (on page 7 here) are still good for me. Hoikas has already implemented part of them, so unless anyone has some comments on those not integrated yet we can start pluging them in too.
Other contents still to be written are: Some more content for the home page (couple news items) and the Ages list page.
Obviously along that we have the visuals to complete.
Another minute thing we haven't discuted much is the possibility of a Blog page; and if we make one should it provide links to existing blogs or could we provide a blog hosting service (not sure whether it's technically easy to do for us, and we might be a bit short on demand for that).
Aloys

Postby Tweek » Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 am

No updates yet sorry, been sick for the last week or so, so haven't worked on it.

Got some new things to add to it per suggestions made will hopefully have something in the next few days.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:46 pm

GuildOfWriters.org has been secured.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tweek » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:50 pm

awesome
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby diafero » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 am

Nice :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby BAD » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:42 am

Cool!
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

PreviousNext

Return to RP Planning