GoW HQ / Book repository

Discuss issues with role playing age creation. What are some sticky points that must be overcome? How will certain processes translate to RP?

GoW HQ / Book repository

Postby Aloys » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 am

The GoW HQ, where is it? Is there one at all?
The DRC has been squatting the Tokotha, we are we?
More specifically, where do we store our public Books? We don't really need to hide all of our linking books, do we? So it would make sense that we put some of them in some publicly available place. The question is: where?

Several times in the past we have discussed about creating a Nexus/Library Age, and that idea had been shut down because Cyan mentionned they might want to do that themselves. It obvious now that it won't happen any soon, but regardless of that we have never really discussed the IC aspect of where the GoW worked. It is likely that at least part of this can't be decided: specifically the ink/book making process; because we'd need D'ni equipment etc, and that would fall under Cyan area. But we can talk about where we published our linking books for the last couple years.
Obviously we have not always been organised, and many of those Books must have simply been distributed confidentially underground in the early days. But it certainly sound likely that at some point we would have tried to settle somewhere. In the Cavern? In an abandonned D'ni Age? In a new Age we would have written? Somewhere on the Surface? Several of us have our own IC stories with our own personal IC HQs here and there, but what about some kind of central GoW place? Andy published his nice personal Nexus a while ago; but surely we'd have something more official?

We do not need to actually build that place yet (most of us are busy anyway, but it'd be great to do it in the future), but it'd be nice to know what/where this place is.

My personnal opinion is that we moved several times. Initially we simply used our Hood. (OOC in the game we cannot setup tables etc, but if we could that's probably what we would do). Then after the Cavern 'closed' in Feb 2004 the DRC went away, so we used the occasion to try to move to Ae'gura; but many explorers disagreed, saying we had no legitimacy etc..(this certainly happened a lot OOC). So we went back to our Hood. And after some discussions, we decided to write our own GoW Age, and we simply left the Book in our hood.
Going a bit farther, this Age might also have been our base to create Books and Ink; it would have all the necessary ressources and equipment (just like Gehn did with Riven). This way we wouldn't need to access the D'ni equipments and ressources anymore.
We would have named that Age GoWalmart. :shock: Or not.
Aloys

Re: GoW HQ / Book repository

Postby Tweek » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 am

Well I've been working on an Age called Tahgayrahn, which is a GoW Age with a classroom and library.

Classroom has copies of various books used for Age writing, Rehevkortee, Atrus's journal on writing releeshahn, notes on D'ni rules or writing, books on garohevtee, kormahn, inks etc.

Not all books will be readable but they will be there in an IC sense.

Library would contain Books to Ages used in lessons, but we could switch it out to put a few fan Ages in there if needs be.

http://dnijazzclub.com/temp/ages/tahgayrahn/

contains some WIP images if interested.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Aloys » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:17 pm

This Age is interesting (the textures gives me some K'veer vibes), but what I am more specifically interested at is our past history; much in line with what we debated for our IC site. For the last couple years we had a number of Ages completed; and IC many of them were 'published'. Surely has an 'organised' guild we must have had some central place where to put those books.
Aloys

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 pm

except, ICly and OOCly, we're a loose collective. =P

Each of us have our own IC storylines if we're into that kind of thing. =P

And turning us into some sort of hierarchal group, ICly I don't think is the way to go. =P
kaelisebonrai

Postby Paradox » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 pm

I keep all my writing/experimenting stuff locked up safe in my Pahts shell ;)
Paradox

Postby BAD » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:22 pm

It would probably be best to stay vague about the IC location of the GOW book storage. My thoughts have been that We have stores of linking books all around the Cavern and in ages. Hidden away as to keep other explorers from finding them. When someone requests a book, those who know of it's location retrieve one and give it to the requester. This would keep things more open for everyones stories they have already shared, and ones in the future.

If someone builds a suitable repository and almost everyone want's to use it, that would be cool. Whether it is officially the GOW age or facility or not, makes little difference in my view.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 pm

I thought we just FedEx'ed a linking book to your Relto. ;-)
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Return to RP Planning