Suggestion for the PyPRP forum

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Suggestion for the PyPRP forum

Postby Marcello » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:25 am

I would like to suggest to open one forum in the new Tool forum group dedicated to new releases. Ideally pinpointed at the top. I noticed several links floating around linking to 1.1.0 and 1.1.1. If we manage those at one spot then it will be easy to know what the most recent release is. I suggest one topic per release, including a change log and links to the new wiki tutorials (if available). Replies can be used to ticket bugs or suggestions which (hopefully ;) ) end up in the next topic for the next release.
Marcello

Re: Suggestion for the PyPRP forum

Postby Grogyan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:29 am

I would like to see added to the tools section another thread dedicated to free/cheap tools that people can use, or at least have reference to them whenever they wish.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Trylon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:00 am

Well, finding the newest version is pretty simple.

For one, the version number uses a simple X.Y.Z scheme:
X: Major version number, changes on major updates/changes in the interface, usage or internal workings (on one higher it resets Y and Z)
Y: Minor version number, gets one higher on addition of new features. If it gets one higher, it resets Z
Z: Bugfix version number, gets one higher on every new release that has just bugfixes.

So, e.g. version 1.1.1 is newer than 1.1.0. Since it's only the bugfix number that changed, you know it's only a bugfix release
But e.g. version 1.3.0 would be newer than 1.2.12. Since the minor version number changed, you know it had new features added.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Kato » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:01 am

But you do have a point. I'll "Announce" the latest thread at the time. :)

Does that work?

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Marcello » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Sounds like a plan :)

Thinking about it I assume the wiki will probably have something like the "latest.zip" in the future too. I the wiki is up-to-date then there is less for an arrangement here.
Marcello

Return to Plasma Development