Exploring MO:UL Offline

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Exploring MO:UL Offline

Postby D'eux » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:40 pm

Welcome back Sir!

I remember the UAM well and used it, before my own sabbatical last year. Drizzle looks to be a superb piece of work and wishing you all the best with it's development and progress.

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:21 am

It's great to have you back, Dustin! Looking forward to experimenting with Drizzle (neat name, BTW).
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Tweek » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:42 am

I know Rium+ rebuilt the Riven Journals site at some point, can't remember the link though. As for the Myst site I'm hoping I can get around to either putting it back up or building a new site for it at some point, depends what other projects I have to do before then.

Welcome back though <wave>
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Nek'rahm » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:53 am

*Welcome Home*

We need a huge banner PM to send to people who've left and return with the same e-mail or something.

Anywho, nice to see you here! If you need a place to culminate some information of yours, hopefully my forum One Uru will be up and running in case you want to put it up there.

As of right now though... I've gotta edit some parts... anywho, welcome back!
Nek'rahm

Postby greendragoon » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:42 am

I'm still fairly new, but I want to welcome as well. :)
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Postby Erik » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:30 am

Welcome back, Dustin. You probably don't know me, as I'm relatively new to the community, but I did read about you occasionally and any explorer coming back is good news!

About those back-ups of websites, do you also happen to have a back-up of http://www.fishure.biz (or http://www.preafter.com/Fishure/) ? I'm kind of interested in the testimonials from Sharper and Sam that were up there...

Looking forward to learning more about your project.
Erik

Postby ddb174 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks, everyone!

Erik wrote:Welcome back, Dustin. You probably don't know me, as I'm relatively new to the community, but I did read about you occasionally and any explorer coming back is good news!

About those back-ups of websites, do you also happen to have a back-up of http://www.fishure.biz (or http://www.preafter.com/Fishure/) ? I'm kind of interested in the testimonials from Sharper and Sam that were up there...

Looking forward to learning more about your project.

I only have the front page of preafter.com unfortunately. I do, however, have all of fishure.biz! Complete with fake registration link!

I've put up all 3 initial parts of Drizzle; info is at http://alcugs.almlys.org. (There's a Drizzle link in there.) I made a post in the forums there, about the automation aspects, if you're interested.
ddb174

Postby Aloys » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Very cool, I'm eager to test the binaies whenever they'll be available.
Aloys

Postby ddb174 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:05 pm

Aloys wrote:Very cool, I'm eager to test the binaies whenever they'll be available.

I put up the binary(well, bytecode anyway) at Sourceforge, but it's really easy to compile with Netbeans, you just open and run. I never bothered making it pretty, or making many adjustable options on the GUI, so you may just want to use Netbeans to set things.

Here's a quick tutorial, that I haven't actually tested, but unless I forgot something, will work. Some Ages may crash with this method, since it skips the SDL and python files, but I know it at least works with this Age.

Binary only(will only work if you're using Windows and have a d:) note: the previous sequence of glyphs is not a smiley face with a ballcap!
*Download the binary: DrizzlePrp.jar on Sourceforge
*Create the folder D:/a/leftoff/output/ (if you don't have a d:, you'll have to go the source code route)
*Run it (you'll need Java)
*Make sure the 'absolute' option is selected in the radio buttons.
*Use the 'Select' button to select the file 'GuildPub-Writers_District_Pub.prp', wherever you keep it.
*Click 'Recompile Prp'
*You should now have the modified form of the prp in D:/a/leftoff/output/
*Do the last 3 steps with all the other prp files for that Age(i.e. GuildPub-Writers_District_Textures.prp and GuildPub-Writers_District_BuiltIn.prp)
*Copy these new prp files, along with the .age and .fni (unmodified) to your Pots /dat folder.
*Follow the steps you normally do to update the .sum file and link to the Age.
*Cross fingers

From source with Netbeans(recommended):
*Download the source (it's in the DrizzlePrp folder of the zip file on Sourceforge)
*Open with Netbeans
*Set the paths near the start of Gui.java(There are 3 of them, the moul folder(read only), the output folder(read/write) and the pots folder(read only, optional) This is also all you have to do to let it run in Linux.
*Run it
*You can either a)click the 'moul' radio button and select 'GuildPub-Writers_District_Pub.prp' from the dropdown list or b)click the 'absolute' radio button and click 'Select' to point to the file manually.
*Click 'Recompile Prp'
*You should now have the modified form of the prp in the output folder you set above.
*Do the last 3 steps with all the other prp files for that Age(i.e. GuildPub-Writers_District_Textures.prp and GuildPub-Writers_District_BuiltIn.prp)
*Copy these new prp files, along with the .age and .fni (unmodified) to your Pots /dat folder.
*Follow the steps you normally do to update the .sum file and link to the Age.
*Cross fingers

Let me know if this works or doesn't work for you. I'm leaving town in about 2 hours, though, and won't be back until Monday.
ddb174

Postby Aloys » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:14 pm

I got the PRP to recompyle successfully for the WritersGuildAge as well as the BahroCave, but failed for both the Personal Age and Jalak.
But that's not my main problem. I cant' link to the Ages because for some reason they are not detected by ULM. That would probably be more of a question for Trylon (ULM's author), or I should try with UAM, but I don't have UAM installed anymore, and I can't install it for not (incompatiblity with my modified PYthon.pak file)
Aloys

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion