Exploring MO:UL Offline

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Exploring MO:UL Offline

Postby ddb174 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Aloys wrote:I got the PRP to recompyle successfully for the WritersGuildAge as well as the BahroCave, but failed for both the Personal Age and Jalak.
But that's not my main problem. I cant' link to the Ages because for some reason they are not detected by ULM. That would probably be more of a question for Trylon (ULM's author), or I should try with UAM, but I don't have UAM installed anymore, and I can't install it for not (incompatiblity with my modified PYthon.pak file)

Not all messages are critical: typically, if the file gets produced, then it's fine. But Jalak wouldn't work well without the Python file anyway, which this tutorial doesn't cover.

Yeah, I don't know how ULM is supposed to work, so I couldn't tell you, but in UAM it was through that "register link" part. The fully processed pack (which is all ready, and I guess I'll be releasing next week some time) contains a shim that maps ordinary keys to events like linking. (Details can be found in a text file in the source code.) This shim is compatible with UAM, and I imagine ULM, since it just hijacks xKI.py and not the Relto python files. The shim is GPLed and with the source code. By the way, the shim also lets you inject python statements at runtime by modifying a text file which is executed. Kind of like UruConsole, but this has the advantage of being pure(by which I mean that it doesn't require another binary).

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
ddb174

Postby BAD » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Good to see you back Dustin. I had feared that the more unpleasant sides of our community frustrated you away forever.

I think this place will suit you. We are taking great pains to keep this board as open and functional as possible. :)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Nek'rahm » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:56 pm

pains?

BAD, don't be modest, we're working hard and the community is still rallying. The Guilds are supporting eachother and we keep in touch. Right now, till we hear from Cyan, that's all that matters.
Nek'rahm

Postby Paradox » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:12 pm

The tool works :D
Paradox

Postby Erik » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 am

I got it to work with the ULM! :)

I tried it out with Eder Delin.

First I thought the problem might be the missing SUM file. To solve that I duplicated one of the sum files for the other Ages, and renamed it to EderDelin.sum. Then I opened EderDelin.sum in PlasmaShop and clicked on "Auto-build Sumfile". Now I had a valid SUM file.

The Age still wasn't showing up in ULM though. I figured that ULM skips all Ages below a certain SequencePrefix, so that the original Ages (like Teledahn) don't show up. So I edited Eder Delin's SequencePrefix in the EderDelin.age file to a larger number, and then Eder Delin showed up in ULM. :)

EDIT: Hmm, it isn't working. I link to a void. :(
Erik

Postby Aloys » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:51 am

Erik wrote:The Age still wasn't showing up in ULM though. I figured that ULM skips all Ages below a certain SequencePrefix, so that the original Ages (like Teledahn) don't show up. So I edited Eder Delin's SequencePrefix in the EderDelin.age file to a larger number, and then Eder Delin showed up in ULM. :)

Argh, why didn't I think of this? I knew ULM filters out the Cyan Ages but couldn't remember how when it was obvious.. Nice catch Erik. :)

However I still can't link to the Ages I've converted.. I can add them fine to ULM, but when I link I black-link.. :( (al I get is the black loading screen with my cursor and the Age never actually loads..) What's that symptom again? I have all the files places, the check sum is correct, the Age is corerctly registered in ULM.. I can't find what's wrong.

Also, random maybe usefull idea:
To avoid using random possibly conflicting sequence prefixes numbers I will register a bunch of sequence prefixes, one for each Live Age.. Feel free to use them.
Aloys

Postby Erik » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:02 am

I figured it out! :D
You have to change the SequencePrefix, so that you can add the Age with the ULM, but after that, you have to revert the prefix back to the original setting. Then it works! :D
Erik

Postby Aloys » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:27 am

It works, nice job Erik ;)
Are the sequence prefixed hard coded in the Live PRPs?
Aloys

Postby Aloys » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:18 am

I just registered sequence for all MOUL Ages on the Sequence Prefix list. (all of them, even the GUI, Global_*, and other 'possibly useless but just-in-case Ages'). I also added a "Live" prefix to all file names to avoid conflicts with similar UruCC Ages.
Aloys

Postby Trylon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:44 am

Aloys wrote:It works, nice job Erik ;)
Are the sequence prefixed hard coded in the Live PRPs?

Sequence Prefixes are coded into every object in a prp file. They serve as part of an object's "address".

Oh, and ULM skip everything below 100. That's hardcoded in, I'm sorry.

However, you can manually edit the file ULM uses to store links in. It's all text format.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion