GoW PyPRP 1.3.1

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: GoW PyPRP 1.3.1

Postby Whilyam » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Anyone?
Whilyam

Postby andylegate » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Form is kinda empty today Whilyam.......let me see if I can help.

you said your Age crashes....what kind of crash is it? Does it crash to the desktop? Does it give you an error of any kind? Is the Age crashing only after exporting it with the new plugin?

We need to know those things. It would also be a good idea to post a screen shot of your ALCscript and your Book if you can.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Whilyam » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Yes, after the loading bar for the age finishes, I'm back at the desktop.

ALC script I don't have (that I know of), but I added a screenshot of the book. I was just able to get it to load once I deleted all the lights and footstep regions (though I guess it's just the lights doing this?). Do I have to redo all the lights, or what?
Attachments
book.png
book.png (5.99 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
Whilyam

Postby andylegate » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:11 pm

I think the problem might be with your presquence number in your book: 402. I'll be back. I'm going to go look that number up.
andylegate

Postby andylegate » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Nope, 402 is registered to you. Good. So we can scratch that off the list of causing a problem. Why do you have your book listed in the logic panel? It's suppose to be in a text file like your ALCscript would be.

Anyway, if you were able to load your AGe up just fine with plugin 1.2.1, but not with 1.3.1, then yes I would say the plugin is causing a problem with your Age. We just have to figure out what.

I do know that the following things are done different in 1.3.1:

softvolumes of any kind (meaning, yes, if you have them on your lights, you need to redo the logic property on your lights, but this normally just causes an error trying to export)

Sounds are done differently now.

But really, if you don't have any ALCscript, that means you have no sounds, no journals, no climbing regions, no swim regions..........

So it sounds like you just have meshes and lights. Can't see why that would cause your Age to crash. You don't get any errors when you export from Blender do you?
andylegate

Postby Jojon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:22 pm

FWIW, I have this too.

Exporter says all is fine, POTS does what is expected of it, until linking to any newly exported age (including the function checker), at which point it just goes out of existence, without so much as a puff of smoke. All is well with 1.3.0.
Any file, conflicting in version, that it is obvious we might have missed deleting, or something, anyone? :7
Jojon

Postby Whilyam » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:23 pm

The book and its pages are the same they've always been, a collection of objects on layer 3 in Blender. I ran the wizard to update my book, but I figured that changed how the plugin read the logic properties.

I'm thinking how the book relates to the lights might be it. The book now does appear as a white box (with the pages as little white boxes) in the age.

I have footstep regions and a climbing region (which hadn't worked before and now does :| )
Whilyam

Postby Whilyam » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:26 pm

It does seem to be the lights, any lights, new or old. I just tested it taking out all the lights (which allowed the age to be played before) and put in one new light, a sun. And poof. :|

I'll check for ALCscript in the text area, but I've never messed with it.
Whilyam

Postby Whilyam » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Alright, ALCscript is (and apparently has been) blank.

The "book" entry in the text editor had an old sequence number I used for all my test ages. I changed it and... still poof.

It seems like the existence of lights is what causes it to crash Uru when played.
Whilyam

Postby andylegate » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:23 pm

This is quite strange.

Just so you know. In the future with any plugin that is 1.2.1 or higher, your Book will NOT appear as boxes in layer 3 anymore. There won't be anything in layer 3 unless you put it there. Now your book for any new Age you make will be in the text editor, under Book. And when you export, that is what the Plugin pays attention to, even if you do have something in Layer 3.

Now why putting in a light is causing your Age to crash just does not make any sense at all. I wish I could be more help with this, especially since it seems many others that are knowledgeable are apparently on holiday away from the forum :)

I'd wait and see if someone else can come up with an answer. If not, reinstall 1.2.1 and continue working until someone does figure this out for you.
andylegate

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development