animation quickscript test

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: animation quickscript test

Postby Zirrus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:43 am

Ok, I didn't know that you could just put multiple code under one name...or that doing otherwise would corrupt everything.

Now I can click the button but nothing happens.

Can i do it like this?
Or do i have to keep the hierarchy?

Show Spoiler

Well, this one does not work so i guess i screwed something up. Again.
Never argue with an idiot. He will pull you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The German Age Builder Forum: http://www.huru.info/Forum/portal.php
Zirrus

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:05 am

The Alcscript looks ok.

Did you create the SDL file? And you also need a Python file to enable SDL as covered here.

Once we are done testing here I will put full instructions on the wiki.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:43 am

Perhaps you could look at the "Python.0.log" file using PlasmaShop? It should at least show if the Python stuff is called at all and if there are SDL problems.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GPNMilano » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Since Zirrus got his post somewhat answered. I won't offer my solution to his dilemma of why his object may not be clickable. But I will offer it as a warning to others.

If you have an age with multiple PRPs a word of warning, make sure your objects that are going to interact are all on the same prp (they all must have the same page number) When I created the regions for my doors and region and clickable, the clickable and door had the same page num (as I had previously attempted to create this) but the region did not. As a result the clickable wasn't clickable (it couldn't find the region to activate the hotspot. Just a word of caution for the future.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Nadnerb » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:11 pm

As a general rule, this may be true, but it is also worth noting that you CAN spread objects like this across pages, you just need to extend your refs to include the page name. (ie type:name@page)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Zirrus » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:29 am

Looks like I made about one of the most stupid mistakes that's possible...

Please don't laugh. :?

Show Spoiler

Now everything works perfectly.
Never argue with an idiot. He will pull you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Zirrus

Postby andylegate » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:35 am

Don't feel bad.

With as much info we have to know, and as many things that have to be done to make an Age, if you're by yourself, you'll forget something and have to go back. Even a group will suffer that.

TOO MUCH INFO>>>>BRAIN EXPLODES>>>>>>>
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Zirrus » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 am

I guess I am just too used to the <arrows> around every word that should be replaced... :D

Zirrus

Postby Whilyam » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:41 am

Great script! Works like a charm. One addition, perhaps. Have a simple true/false for something like "block clicking while animation is running". Otherwise, I would imagine you could down a server sitting and repeatedly clicking the buttons.
Whilyam

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 pm

You are right. The activator should be disabled while the actions are running. It may seem a simple thing but it is not that easy to implement. I would not know how to do that with Alcscript.

It could easily be done with Python but since we are using Cyan's global Python scripts here that is not an option.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting