What happened to all the ages?

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Re: What happened to all the ages?

Postby Kierra » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:16 am

I'm beginning to think we should have an alternate way of DLing ages, direct link style.

The download section of the ULM has never worked properly for me for some reason. I've tried uninstall/reinstall several times but nothing ever changes :? Since no one else has complained I figured I was the only one, so I never said anything...but now it's getting kinda frustrating.

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Tweek » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:13 am

All and any of my Ages will be downloadable from my sites Beneath and The Third Path, I set up an Order page (though Beneath's is currently hidden as I work on it) that allows people to "order books" (download Ages zip files).
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:40 am

I always put up a direct link as well in case ULM is playing dumb. The zip file for Prad can be downloaded here. Note that this file is also hosted on the GoMa site.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Kierra » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Okay, having some other ULM issues now. :?

I went to the ULM settings button and replaced "ulm.hbyte.net/library.php" with "www.guildofmaintainers.org/Ages/library.php5" to try and see if changing the library would produce any results.

Instead it produced a couple of errors. First a warning box popped up "Wrong Library URL? Please check your Library in the following box!"

So hitting "OK" takes me to a window asking me to browse for my Uru install, so once I point it to my Uru install, it says it's been changed, please restart ULM.

So I close it and open it again....only for it to pop up the same exact errors over and over again, rinse and repeat.

Now I can't get it to accept "ulm.hbyte.net/library.php" back and stay that way. :? I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, but nothing works.

help?

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Trylon » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:21 pm

try putting "http://" in front of it...
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Kierra » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Yay, okay, that fixed that problem, thanks Trylon.

Still not able to DL about 95% of the ages though...

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Chacal » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:39 pm

There may be a network problem between you and the ulm server.
Some provider may be capping the traffic to "unimportant" customers in order to accomodate bigger ones.
I would try a ping and a traceroute from your computer to the server.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nynaveve » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:46 pm

The ULM on the GoMa site is now defunct, so stick with the one on Trylon's site.... ulm.hbyte.net Its the only reliable one for now. I suspect we'll be converting the one on the GoMa site to be used for our first runs at the FCAL panel. But we'll see. I don't think as many people were using the GoMa site as were using hbyte.net, so that's why I cut it. Sorry.

As far as not being able to download Ages, I'm not sure what's up with that. I haven't heard of any other issues. It could just be network traffic, etc. There are so many factors that affect speed and response time. Many servers will drop you if they don't hear anything from you for x number of seconds. I think the GoMa server is set for something around 60-120 seconds.

*Pauses to watch Bear Gryllis get stung by a bee a swell up like a balloon. DANG.*

Anyways, are you still having the issue? I can have some people give it a shot and see if they are having problems, too. I would try downloading a few things myself, but its not a very accurate representation, as I have the server set for reverse DNS inside my own network at home... which means response time is nano seconds and I can move gigabyte sized files between the two boxes in seconds. Hehehe :D
Guild of Maintainers Webmystress and Grand Master

Nynaveve

Postby GregW11 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:09 am

If you're using Vista, did you remember to change the security settings in your Uru:CC folder? (you have to set it up to allow ULM to install itself and other Ages properly...)

Here are the installation instructions, that include what needs to be done with Vista.
GregW11

Postby Kierra » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:10 am

Image Image Image

*coughs*

*composes self*

Sorry, no. I don't use Vista. I think if I ever considered switching to Vista I'd have to compulsively shoot myself in the foot. It's about the same level of pain. :lol:

~Kia
Kierra

PreviousNext

Return to Uru Library Manager