Don't muddy the water

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby ShadowDude » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:53 pm

While I'll agree with you that it would be great if we could centralize everything on just one shard, it's simply not realistic technically speaking. A server capable of doing what you are saying would cost hundreds of dollars, and I don't know anyone in the community with that kind of money. Such is the necessity of more than one shard, to make things managable.
ShadowDude

Postby The Enlightened » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:07 pm

Then maybe we could contact the admins that facilitated explorers in the past. One of them is bound to have the resources we need to send in some explorers
The Enlightened

Postby Starfyre » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:38 pm

Nor could we get enough donations. Look at what its taking me just to get the donations for a server costing only $50. Can you imagine what it would take outside of Cyan bring back Live to get the explorers to fund a server.

And To say get one of the other server admins to do this is not really a thing that might happen. Look at how many UU admin that setup Alcugs servers. Only a small handful. The only one I know of that has the capabilities to host the dataserver doesn't have the capabilities without upgrading the server, it's Eric L. and with 2 shards and my websites and his he was saying that he is already running at the limits that there was no way he could do a third shard so I doubt his server would be able to host the dataserver either.

And right now Plasma is kinda picky about what servers it can be used on. Which is why Eric L. has yet to upgrade.
Starfyre

Postby Zrax » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:19 pm

[quote="Starfyre"]And right now Plasma is kinda picky about what servers it can be used on. Which is why Eric L. has yet to upgrade.

And why I use Gentoo ;)
Zrax

Postby The Enlightened » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:19 pm

Eh, we've come this far. I was listing to a song that one of the kids was playing, and I quote,

"I've never had a dream in my life, because a dream is would you want to do, but still haven't persued. I knew what I wanted, and did it till it was done. So I've been the dream I've wanted to be since day one. you can dream a little dream, or you can dream a little dream... I'd rather live it, because dreamers alway chase they never get it."
The Enlightened

Previous

Return to General Discussion