What is ERC

Museum Age for Explorer Created work

Moderator: ERC Age Team

What is ERC

Postby robbieagray » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 am

I presume it is based off of the organisation DRC but I am unsure. Can someone tell me the idea behind the ERC? :?: :?: :?:
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Re: What is ERC

Postby Chacal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:57 am

Jennifer to the front desk please.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:32 am

Okay, let's see here...
Well, this was spawned as an SR project, so nope, no DRC involvement. And whether it will remain as an SR project remains to be seen. But at any rate, there are two major parts to the Age. The first is a museum, the idea of which is to give explorers a place to display their art. A ton of Myst-related art has been created, but almost none of it found its way into Uru Live--which is a pity! But with the ERC (Explorer Restoration Center) available, a 2D artist who may not have the technical skills to model their own gallery can nevertheless have a place to show their work and people can enjoy and discuss it within Uru itself rather than merely on the forums. The second part of the Age is a jungle/garden setting that offers some minigames with plants and animals and provides a nice setting for the art museum. :)
Jennifer_P

Postby robbieagray » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:30 am

So what is the idea behind ERC? Is it a mini game that goes along with the Uru story line, is it some thing you will be able to download using ULM, or is it something else?

Is there a storyline and if so can I assist in constructing it?
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby ardent red » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:08 pm

I think Jennifer pretty much explained it all, but no, it's not going to be involved with the Uru storyline. As it's a gonna be in the new online Uru, it'll be downloaded in whatever way the content is downloaded for the game- no one has really decided yet. I have no idea about storyline, better ask Jennifer.

Oh, and Jen- I'm actually going to finish the mangroves soon, sorry about abandoning it halfway through :oops: .
ardent red

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:45 am

So what is the idea behind ERC? Is it a mini game that goes along with the Uru story line, is it some thing you will be able to download using ULM, or is it something else?

Well, till Uru with FCC comes along, it'll have to be a ULM Age. There's a minigame, but I wouldn't say that's the whole focus of the Age.

Is there a storyline and if so can I assist in constructing it?

Well, we don't have one or I'd be happy for some assistance. :) I did think it would be sort of fun to hold an art theft someday and turn it into a mystery to figure out who stole the paintings or whatnot. ;)

Oh, and Jen- I'm actually going to finish the mangroves soon, sorry about abandoning it halfway through. :oops:

Hey, no worries. I'm just looking forward to seeing what you've come up with. :)
Jennifer_P

Return to ERC Age