First version

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby J'anim Paedet » Tue May 09, 2006 9:31 pm

Just so you know, the Hub textures are all done. The only holdup is that the file is now too large to send via email. Aloys and I are trying to think of an alternate method to send it, but in the long run I think we're going to need a server again. Any updates on the server situation?
J'anim Paedet

Postby Starfyre » Wed May 10, 2006 5:24 am

I just never got around to it again. I can have it done by the end of the day.
Starfyre

Postby Aloys » Wed May 10, 2006 9:45 am

I will downsize things a bit and see how it looks; but it might not be before this week end. (J'anim, as you point out I'll take your opinion on this matter with a large gain of salt ;)

Also, i have found why the textures are mixed up, every objects need an individual material <_< And there are over 1500 objects in the scene (hub not included) I think I'll have to spend some more fun time fixing hundreds of objects one by one... :ph34r:

BTW, has anyone gotten a look at the Blender version and seen if the textures work?

Once the textured version of the Hub is in and once the collision around the hub is fixed and move the linkin spot to the hub and put some barriers up. Then I will be ready to put Version 1 of Ahra Pahts into UAM.
Are we ready to make that 'public' yet? There are still a number of things that IMHO would need to be done before we can make that public. See 'For following versions' in my first post above for an idea.
I think we'd rather release a near final version than something still under construction, don't you think?

Also that's good new about the server. :)
Aloys

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri May 12, 2006 8:48 pm

[quote="Aloys"]BTW, has anyone gotten a look at the Blender version and seen if the textures work?

Yes, Aloys - I just downloaded the .BLEND file and exported it. The textures look great. Lookie: it's me in Ahra Pahts!

You may already know this, but if you turn around and run down the street, you'll fall through after a few steps. There must be so many streets and walls to keep track of.

But this is such a big step: finally to be able to explore the city! Bring on the developers!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Aloys » Fri May 12, 2006 9:04 pm

[quote="Robert The Rebuilder"] [quote="Aloys"]BTW, has anyone gotten a look at the Blender version and seen if the textures work?

Yes, Aloys - I just downloaded the .BLEND file and exported it. The textures look great. Lookie: it's me in Ahra Pahts!

Sorry, I meant: are the textures ok *in Blender*? If you switch the view to textured mode do they show up?

And yes, I'm aware of the collision issue. As as I said in my release notes above there are several ones but I know whats wrong so it's fine. :) Thanks for pointing it out though.

BTW, I got to work on the new version a bit and I'm confident I'll release it this week end. It'll fix up the textures and enhance many other things.
Aloys

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sat May 13, 2006 6:57 am

[quote="Aloys"]Sorry, I meant: are the textures ok *in Blender*? If you switch the view to textured mode do they show up?

Oh - sorry about the confusion. Yes, they do show up in Blender. In fact, the initial viewpoint saved in the blend file shows the whole city with textures (minus the Hub, of course).

[quote="Aloys"]BTW, I got to work on the new version a bit and I'm confident I'll release it this week end. It'll fix up the textures and enhance many other things.

Superb! Looking forward to it, Aloys.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Starfyre » Sat May 13, 2006 8:05 am

On the server I had completely forgot. I never got around to reseting up the account for the agebuilders.

On the release. It was always my intent to release it in stages much like Ae'gura was and will be again.
Starfyre

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun May 14, 2006 9:52 am

Well, until the server is back online, here is a link to the textured Hub files. I don't have a server myself, so I've had to upload it using a company called RapidShare. A temporary solution, I assure you.
Please note that the textures in-game do look much different than in Blender (where they don't look very good at all)!

http://rapidshare.de/files/20408361/Rehkh.rar.html
J'anim Paedet

Postby Aloys » Sun May 14, 2006 9:16 pm

I hoped to have it ready today, I was a bit optimistic.
To make up for this here are a couple screenshots of the progress in blender:

Image Image Image
(if you're worrying: no, I didn't put a nightsky over the age, I just added it in photshop because I found it to be empty ;) )
Again the textures are still temporary and so are the lampposts.
Aloys

Postby Mystified Explorer » Sun May 14, 2006 9:48 pm

Those screens are amazing! Really nice!

I haven't really posted much here, though I have been watching this project curiously for a while now. I was just wondering, how does this age work? It looks really interesting.

Im also curious about how you managed to get it to look so good, as I'm still working to get my stuff up to near-Uru quality.

Also, if you need another 3D modeller at all, I'd be happy to help out :)
Mystified Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts