Journals file error

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Journals file error

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 am

I just updated my Journals file for my age (pretty much completely re-wrote it). I thought I did everything right, but when I try to add it to the .pak file it gives me this error: "Syntax error: invalid token".

I googled the error, and learned that it sometimes has to do with putting a zero in front of a number. Therefore, it seemed the logical fix would be to change my dates. 7-25-09 to 7-25-2009 etc. However, after I changed all the dates to that, it STILL gave me the same error! Anyone else get this problem, or a possible fix?

I would put the output log on here, but it has my whole journal on it, and I would rather not the whole of GoW see what I'm putting in my journal. :P So, if someone thinks they can figure it out, I can PM you the Output log.
Justintime9

Re: Journals file error

Postby Jojon » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:20 pm

It shouldn't matter what is in the string, but could there be something that breaks it prematurely, such as an unescaped quotation mark or linebreak?
Jojon

Re: Journals file error

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:42 pm

it turned out I forgot the closing quotation mark :P
Justintime9

Return to Scripting