Kaelis' Pub Office

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Kaelis' Pub Office

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:45 am

G'day all, been working on a little something for the last couple of days.. It uses Cyan Models and textures, so, if that bothers you, this probably isn't for you.

Essentially, I've always loved the Kahlo Pub, and wanted to experiment with it, hopefully turning it into a kind of, well, community area for a shard, or osmoul if it ever happens. I started working on this as part of my IC Blog ( http://ebonrai.com/co/ ).

Here's about the only screenshot I've got of it. Its dark, since it is in D'ni.

I've just got one trouble, atm. I'm hoping to have working Imagers, but, I have no idea how to implement them. These Imagers would be most similar to the GuldPub and the 'hood Imagers. Of course, I'm also planning to put in some firemarble lamps, as well, to lighten it up a little. =) No footstep regions, as yet, planning on doing those very soon, though.

EDIT: whoops, forgot the screenie.
kaelisebonrai

Re: Kaelis' Pub Office

Postby kaelisebonrai » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:48 am

Slightly better screenshot, I did some image enhancing, to make it a bit more visible.

kaelisebonrai

Postby Chacal » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:53 am

Looks nice! That's a good start.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby kaelisebonrai » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:16 am

Thanks, Chacal!

Tonight's effort is probably going to be adding in footstep regions, and texturing the Imagers. Going to attempt to expand the layout a bit, too, partially inspired by Cass by Tweek.
kaelisebonrai

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:59 am

Well, in the time since my last post, added in the footstep regions, textured the imager, fought with dynamic text maps, got at least text postings to work on them, animated the imager noise texture, promptly broke the sods again, managed to get them working again.. and had a few long breaks inbetween. Also, I still haven't managed to get actual KI /pictures/ to work on the Imager, it just doesn't seem to work, no matter what I do.

But, here's an image of the working-ish imager.

kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:31 am

Wow, nice :)
It looks a lot like the pub imagers, did you re-model it or copy Cyan's model?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:38 am

I did indeed copy Cyan's model via prp2obj =)

Glad you like it! My next plan is to add the imager sound as an ambient sound of some sort, and then add the sitting mods for the chairs, and then add some clutter/extra details.
kaelisebonrai

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Here's a 0.01 release. A "I've done stuff" release, as it were. As a result, it mostly exists outside of my IC Storyline's Canon. Virtually everything is subject to change, very little clutter is in place, the one imager is kinda working.. kinda. only footstep regions in place, imager ambient sounds are not in place... Imager texture animations /are/.. Still some issues regarding KI Pictures, though. Otherwise Imager works for text, though. Any suggestions would be indeed welcome. I'm pretty much running out of inspiration at this point.

But, hey, release early, release often, eh?

Note: This age was somewhat concepted as for online use, however, use at your OWN risk in such environments. I don't know enough about what I'm doing to provide any kind of guarantee on that. Seems to work in single player, at least.

http://guildofartisans.org/uruages/kael ... 01-2010.7z

Most of the content is not in place, since I'm just going "how the bleedin' 'ellfire do I fix this Imager..." and then getting somewhat burnt out doing so.

Btw: Dustin and Diafero -- you're welcome to put this in UAM if you want... on that note, I'd love to see if you guys can check the imager for me, if you're up for it..
kaelisebonrai

Postby Agenotfound » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 am

Very nice but Daaaaark !!! :D

You may have scaled the original Khalo pub a little too much the avatar looks very small in there also the imager does indeed have a problem with KI pictures.

Now, when can we expect TV screens, bottles and a party ? this is a pub after all :lol:
Agenotfound

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks, mate!

I'll play around with the scale a touch more, It was intended to be... well, very much bigger than Kahlo. What it may need is a bit more detail work/clutter, to make the size fit more, I think. =) Lighting needs work, yeah. As for the TVs... will more Imagers do? ;) Bottles -- Well, drinks of some sort will definitely feature. *grins* Party? Well, as I said, it /was/ originally concepted for an online use, so, hey, lets bring on the party!
kaelisebonrai

Next

Return to Tips and Showcase