ULMServerLinkBook file Question

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

ULMServerLinkBook file Question

Postby Atrion » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:41 pm

I was editing the ULMServerLinkBook file to change my relto shelf and I noticed the file was missing a book 3 and 13, I was wondering were these just left out or can those numbers not be used?
Last edited by Atrion on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Re: ULMServerLinkBook file Question

Postby Trylon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Uhh,
ULMServerLinkBook.ini was meant to be used on alcugs servers, so that the server could provide a set of linking books, while nog hampering the users ability to add their own links.
Unfortunately though, I don't recall if it was allowed to mod all book slots, or just the ones higher than 10.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby ddb174 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:50 am

They are used as spaces so that not all the books are crammed together. Feel free to use 3 and 13 if you like.
ddb174

Postby Atrion » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:51 am

yeah I ended up discovering that by trial and error :P Thought they didn't work at first till I realized the book I added to space 3 was an age I hadn't installed yet. lol
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Postby diafero » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:11 am

This is actually more an Offline KI question, since Offline KI uses the ULMServerLinkBook file to set the bookshelf - only if that one is removed, ULMLinkBook is used. And yes, unlike in the original ULM, you have the full set of 18 slots available in these files.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Darien » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Since reading this, I have been experimenting with the ULMServerLinkBook file. I tried unsuccessfully to create a Kirel linking book that has the Kirel cover (seen in Phil's Relto) and a link to the Guild Neighborhood. I'm only getting the generic "red neighborhood" cover and a "cloudy" linking panel. When I try to link through it I get the message, "Linking to spawn point LinkInPointDefault in Guild Neighborhood is not possible."

Like I said, I was just experimenting. Here's what I did.

[Book 0]
cover:Neighborhood02
link:KirelMOUL,

Is there an easy way to make a Kirel book for my bookshelf (and by easy, I mean moving files and making changes with a text editor. ;) )

Edit: I found the "Green" cover in the img folder. Still wondering about the rest.
Darien

Postby diafero » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:33 am

The cover "Neighborhood02" does not exist, so it defaults to the red one. Check your img folder to see which covers exist. In addition, there is no linking image in the img folder for "KirelMOUL", so you don't get a linking panel either. And last but not least, the spawn point "LinkInPointDefault" for KirelMOUL is not defined in AvailableLinks.inf - you either have to add it or (recommended) use "kirelPerf-SpawnPointBevin02" instead (that one is used by the city Kirel book).
Yes, this might sound annoying - but it is really necessary to take care of the ages and also the spawn points one is linking to, especially when working on a multiplayer vault. Weird breakage would be the consequence of using the wrong link-in point names/titles.

EDIT: Documentation about both files affecting linking can be found at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Tec ... umentation
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Darien » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks, Diafero. I now have a working Kirel book on my bookshelf. :)

But . . . I couldn't get it to link into the same spawn point as the city Kirel book. I was able to link in by way of the main neighborhood spawn location, which is fine for my purposes since this installation of Uru will not be online.

Next, I really want a linking panel. Since the Kirel book in the city has a linking panel, I know the image exists. How do I extract it so I can place it into the "img" folder?

Edit: I took the easy way out and made my own linking panel. I now have a fully functional MOUL version of Kirel on my Relto shelf. :D
Darien

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:51 am

Great to hear you got it working :) . Remember to back-up your file, or your changes will be overwritten with the next Offline KI update!

Ti extract the linking ikmage, you have to open the GUI_District_BkBookImages.prp with PrpExplorer or PrpShop and export the texture (plMipMap) containing the Kirel image.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Uru Library Manager