Aquh - The Memorial Age

Show us what you can do! Let us know how you did it!

Re: Aquh - The Memorial Age

Postby Jojon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:24 am

No hurry mate. You've no doubt got time to receive your exam and your first retirement payment, both, along with finishing all your open age projects, before Chogon has Open source Uru chugged out... ;)
Jojon

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:25 am

Don't give up, I. Brattin. It can take months before you'll get someone interested. Plus, it's hard to get the word out to the community about people working on an age. You could try posting over at MystOnline's forums, to get a wider audience.

I'm currently involved in Rel-too and the ERC age, along with maintenance on Ahra Pahts - so, I won't be available for this one.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby I.Brattin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Since I found out I can visit my own ages with little lag, despite the fact that Cyan's lag me to death. I started work on one of my ages, this one in fact.

What I now show you is the link-in spot for Aquh.

I can't tell for sure if the texture is displaying properly. If you look at the landscape around the gazebo you notice things go jet black. Not sure if that is the texture for the ground messing up or my lowbie graphics card.
Attachments
KIimage0022.jpg
KIimage0022.jpg (86.49 KiB) Viewed 6427 times
KIimage0021.jpg
KIimage0021.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 6427 times
KIimage0020.jpg
KIimage0020.jpg (45.17 KiB) Viewed 6427 times
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby I.Brattin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Well I scrapped starting over. And went back to the original Aquh with the Greek looking building. I imported the link-in spot that I already showed you.

Then I decided lets change the color from the red the greek looking building used to be to the green of the gazebo. So I did that. Then I had an idea instead of having one island why not have several. The main island would have the "wall" at the greek building and the link-in gazebo. And other islands could have sitting, floral and what not. And then I thought there might be an island or two unaccessible, most of the islands would be connected by bridges, from the rest - except maybe by swimming. So I have added an island with an active volcano.
Attachments
KIimage0024.jpg
KIimage0024.jpg (123.3 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
KIimage0025.jpg
KIimage0025.jpg (65.94 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
KIimage0026.jpg
KIimage0026.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby Corvus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:14 am

Looks good! I like the gazebo you made, will you use it on one of the other islans of your age?
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby I.Brattin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:55 am

I might add a different gazebo, not sure yet, that one though was intended only for the link-in.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby I.Brattin » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:17 pm

V0.1 is now available for download from my site. Go Here and click on the Aquh v0.1 button to download.

A simply reminder with my lowbie graphic card there is a possible you will see something I can not, and the reverse holds true. Or where I lag you may not.

If you spot something that needs fixing please show me where, I would appreciate it greatly as that is the only way I can be 100 percent certain things are working the way they should. Because again with my lowbie graphics card I am not seeing everything the way it should be seen, which makes it difficult to properly fix things..
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby ametist » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:56 am

Thanks for sharing this age and let us test :) I just came back from a visit . No lag for me.

Your buildings and the bridge are very well built, many nice details everywhere! Now with some other textures on the different buildings the impression would be even better. As shown in the pics the grass texture could need another setting.
The big temple on the same island where the gazebo is have got grass-texture on some of the pillars, you may want to check that. And on one of the buildings no collision was set. :)
The volcano is great!
ametist

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks, and I'm glad there is no lag. I experience lag when facing the big building on island 2. So that means the lag is attributed to my lowbie card. That's good, I was worried I would have to redo the building on island 2.

Whoops on the temple. I had accidentally changed it from the green of the buildings to the green of the grass. I thought I had gotten that fixed but I guess I missed a spot. Same with the collision of the building on island two, I thought I had fixed that. I guess I need to play around with grass on island two to get it to look right.

Again thanks. I will probably work on that stuff either today or tomorrow, not sure when right now as it depends on the conditions of the roads. If the roads are clear then I will be out of town, my family is having their Christmas get together today. So if I don't go anywhere I could get something done on them today otherwise it will be tomorrow.

BTW was the bridge at the right height for both islands? Had a little trouble getting it to line up on both sides.

On Textures at the moment their more placeholders. I have not truely decided what to put where.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:19 pm

I was thinking tonight that I might make this an explorer written age in the backstory, instead of a D'ni Eder as originally planned. This would give more things to explore and what not.

Though I am trying to figure out how to work the memorial into it though. What I am picturing is a home age for my explorer. So what would be a good reason to have a memorial in his home age.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Showcase