Unable to install ULM - "next" button greyed out

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Unable to install ULM - "next" button greyed out

Postby TeoLitto » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Everyone

Just finished putting together my first test age, exported fine with pyprp etc - but - now I seem to be unable to install ULM to view it. I've got the latest ULM installer (ULM10RC55Setup), but when I try to run it, the "next" button is greyed out at the screen where I need to direct it to my Uru directory. I've tried pasting the directory path in, and manually digging down to it with the browse button. If I manually dig down to it with the "browse" button, the "ok" button in the browse window stays greyed out and I am unable to select any folders and hit "ok".

Have tried multiple fixes, incl. modifying security permissions on uru dir, running installer in compatibility mode, downloading .net 2.0 (64 bit version ostensibly already installed with OS) - I'm running Vista 64.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!
TeoLitto

Re: Unable to install ULM - "next" button greyed out

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:08 pm

personally, I'd recommend using drizzle+offlineKI..

ULM isn't really used anymore, and those who do use ULM can still download via UAM (included as part of drizzle)... Drizzle doesn't allow you to upload, but all you need to do is pm or send an email to Dustin (ddb174). OfflineKI will also automatically detect your ages, and add them to the Nexus, or you can just do /link <agefilename without dot age>
kaelisebonrai

Postby TeoLitto » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:07 am

Awesome, thanks for your help :]
TeoLitto

Postby TeoLitto » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 am

Hmm - can't seem to get offline ki to work - have drizzle installed and running, and that's good - have ostensibly downloaded and installed offline ki, but can't use any of the offline ki commands in game (i.e. /help /link etc all give "don't know how to ____" errors) Tried putting all my age files into the uru dat folder, but can't seem to access them via the nexus either. I'm assuming there's something I'm missing here...can anyone help me out?

TIA :)
TeoLitto

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 am

Are you using Windows Vista or above? You need to move your Uru direcory to somewhere in your User profile in this case, I am told there is a "Saved Games" folder which can be used for this purpose. Then point Drizzle to this new directory and install and convert everything again.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby TeoLitto » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I am indeed on Vista 64.

Transferred everything over to my user dir, launched drizzle, pointed it to that dir and redownloaded/reinstalled offline ki.

Same issues. Can't launch Uru from within Drizzle, and launching manually (from new location) gives me a ki that doesn't understand any offline ki commands, and a nexus without my ages. It's like it doesn't even see that the files are in there, even the age files I manually put in the dat folder.

Are there other files I need to DL that I'm missing? Something else I need to do?
TeoLitto

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:06 am

This sounds like you did not point drizzle to the right directory, or you are not starting the Uru installation you think you start. You can check that by browsing to your Uru folder, then go to the "Python" directory and check whether there is a file called "offlineki.pak" in there. If yes, go one dir up and double-click on "UruSetup.exe" (do NOT use any shortcut on your Desktop).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby TeoLitto » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:24 pm

I wish it were that simple :/
Drizzle is pointed to the new location of the uru files (within user\saved games\uru live\) and that is also where I'm launching from when I launch manually. It certainly seems as though offlineki is installed, as there's a directory called "dummy ages" within my dat folder that contains "offlineki.age", and of course the "offlineki.pak" file in my python dir.

Maybe I'm missing something really big and obvious here - I've got the files as downloaded from mystonline.com - I don't need anything else (aside from drizzle, python etc), is that correct?

In my Uru folder by default I originally had UruLauncher and UruExplorer .exe files - at some point during my attempts to get things to work "UruSetup.exe" showed up. Unfortunately, no matter which of these I use to run Uru, my end result is always the same.

Maybe a registry issue?
TeoLitto

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Drizzle/Offline KI is a way to convert MOUL (or MOULagain) files to Uru: CC format and access fan ages in Uru:CC. Are you trying to use this in MOULagain itself? That won't work. For now we need Uru: CC (or POTS) to play fan ages.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby TeoLitto » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:41 am

That's what I was afraid of :[

Maybe I can find a copy cheap online.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

It seems odd that now that they're outsourcing things, we actually have LESS access with the new software...
TeoLitto

Next

Return to Uru Library Manager