Progress Report

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby The Enlightened » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:26 am

I visited the forum a while back, and everything was slowing down a bit. And now it seems to be at the same rate as a dying snail (i.e. New Tree). So I have some advice. Lets break it into some questions.

#1 what do we have.
We have made great strides in the creation of this city. We have laid a solid foundation with a few buildings. It may not be the most amazing piece of the final cut, but may be the most important.

#2 Where do we want to go?
In an ideal world, it would be a place for everybody to explore, live in, and relax. In short, a condensed cavern. With sights, sounds (hopefully), and people (hopefully). And if the later doesn't work, it could be our primary hang out, as a group.

#3 What do we have, and what is needed.
Ok, I know we need builders to fill in some lots. But over all I'm in the black. I am to old to learn how do computer programming. But, I do know that there are ways to get around challenges. like sound, teamspeak is an option

#4 How can we expand our audience?
What I am sure you have tried to do, and what I can now help with, is awareness and anticipation. If builders and explorers both know that we are waiting for their support, and that we have the foundation for a great city. We could try to filter people to come to the site, get some public intrest up, and in time we will have every lot filled, even if it means we use an array of exotic plantsand rocks to make gardens as fillers, and sardine hot spots.

If we had a thread for each point, it may allow the project to pick up some speed.
The Enlightened

Postby Starfyre » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:18 am

It has slowed down a little. But here in the U.S. we just had a major holiday a few days ago. So I figure at least those of us here have taken time off for that reason. Plus not everything gets posted to this forum anymore. There is now a top secret forum where most of the NTACT discussions are held.

Also Aloys was going to be working on the city this weekend. We still need a couple things done before we start releasing shells. But were close. I expect in a week or two.

Also my intention with the A&V Q&A (I changed it from A&V Town Hall to avoid confusion) is to get more people over here and interested in helping us out. Cause of schedules, primarily mine, the first one isn't going to happen for another 2 weeks though.
Starfyre

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:38 am

Yes, even though we don't particularly like keeping things from the public, the project is almost in release-able state, and we want to keep some details under wraps. It is almost complete though, no worries.
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:25 pm

In fact I think that the project has never been more active.
Shells are finished and they will be released this week along with a new version of the Age. So everyone will be able to see how well things are going. :)
Aloys

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:13 pm

To add to #4...
I've been wandering around UU a fair amount recently, and it has struck me how many people have either never heard of the Age Building community at all, or have only heard it once or twice and never given it much thought since. I think part of the problem regarding shell-sign-ups is that a majority of the Uru community just don't know what we're doing. If we were to make some sort of public statement in an area outside the builders community, I think we could attract a whole host of potential builders who have never had the chance to discover our little corner of the internet. Our City project provides a perfect way for new builders to develop their skills; all we need to do is reach out to all the potential builders out there.
J'anim Paedet

Postby sculp » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:39 pm

post deleted by sculp
sculp

Postby Starfyre » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:31 pm

I'm going to nip this in the bud right now. If your willing to basically sign an NDA till the age is released and your willing to actually work on the project in some form then you will get access. If you loose interest and leave don't blame us. We have put our time and energy into this project and if you walk away before its done well...
Starfyre

Postby The Enlightened » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:09 pm

I am willing, I have merely been out of the loop for a while.
The Enlightened

Postby Mystified Explorer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:47 pm

There seems to be a bit of a universal slow down in agebuilding forums on the surface at least. There's not much going on at GoAC, though we are still working on our project in the background :)

Anyway, I'm always willing, and indeed eager to help with this project. It has so much potential and I'd love to help if you need any modellers/texturers :D
Mystified Explorer

Postby The Enlightened » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:59 pm

I have a friend named Adam who is a programer and Myst fan. He said he may be interested in helping us out.
The Enlightened

Next

Return to Ahra Pahts