Getting libHSPlasma and PlasmaShop

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Geting libPlasma and PlasmaShop

Postby Chacal » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:04 am

Is that new PrpShop available?
I shudder at the idea of losing PageEditor and not having a replacement.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Zrax » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 am

Yes, PrpShop has been available for a while now (although, like I say, I never made a big announcement about it). It's included as part of the installer package for PlasmaShop 3 (as well as VaultShop)... Soon, I plan to have the PRC editing functionality save too (dialog editors already do saving, of course), and once that's done, I'll be sure to mention it here. However, for now, if you need to save PRC (and you don't have your copy of PageEditor around any more), you can still use prcc and prcdc on individual objects, which PrpShop can import and export for you...
Zrax

Postby Agenotfound » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:14 am

About prp shop, if it's going to replace PageEditor could it be possible to make it easier to acces the PRCs - i know that right clicking and select "open PRC" isn't much but when you want to browse the files real fast to have an overview it becomes quite painful. So i don't know but could it be possible to make them open with something like Ctrl-click or have a button to press in the main tab to open the PRC by default or something like that ? - if it's not too much work of course.

It's not much but it would make things more confortable.

EDIT: and/or maybe that the files that have no editor open the PRC by default instead of saying "no editor available yet"
Agenotfound

Re: Getting libHSPlasma and PlasmaShop

Postby Zrax » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:37 pm

For those that haven't already noticed, the libHSPlasma and PlasmaShop projects are now hosted on Mercurial rather than SVN... I was finally sold on how cool it is, so I went ahead and moved my projects over ;).

The updated URLs are reflected in the top post, but aside from needing a new set of tools, it should be mostly the same as before...
Zrax

Postby diafero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 am

doh, why didn't you use git? :lol:
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Branan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 am

diafero wrote:doh, why didn't you use git? :lol:

I vote for git too, before anyone gets too used to mercurial... if it's not too much trouble. I already use git-svn so I can use my preferred VCS locally. They only reason Age Creator is hosted on SVN is because that's what everyone else was using.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 am

Well, I managed to include it in my "update them all" script and found a nice GUI to show the commits (hgtk). But I use git and git-svn for everything else, and I came to love it :)
Is there something like git-hg? :lol:
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Mystler » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:23 am

I don't see a big difference between Mercurial and git? Can you explain why you like git more?
Mystler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Zrax wrote:For those that haven't already noticed, the libHSPlasma and PlasmaShop projects are now hosted on Mercurial rather than SVN... I was finally sold on how cool it is, so I went ahead and moved my projects over ;).

The updated URLs are reflected in the top post, but aside from needing a new set of tools, it should be mostly the same as before...

Congratulations on the move :D. I'm glad to see that all of my hair being ripped out comparing DVCSes actually did something :D

diafero wrote:doh, why didn't you use git? :lol:

Git? Where's that puke emoticon? >.>
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Branan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Mystler wrote:I don't see a big difference between Mercurial and git? Can you explain why you like git more?

Most of it has to do with my workflow. On the surface they're similar, but git makes it much easier to take a pile of commits and organize them into a few patches than Mercurial does. Anything involving editing commit history, including re-ordering, merging, splitting, and rebasing is discouraged by Mercurial. It's possible, but they make it difficult. In my opinion, though, When you're working on a local branch and want to sort things out to push upstream, it's very handy to have those capabilities.

Also, Mercurial branches are still a little more difficult to work with than git branches, despite attempts to clean up Mercurial branching.

Between those two issues, my "branch, code, organize, push" workflow just doesn't work that well with Mercurial. Granted, the patches I've written for libHSPlasma have been fairly small so far, and haven't really required the power that git gives me. It's entirely possible Mercurial won't irritate me too badly.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development