Shell 126

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Shell 126

Postby tachzusamm » Wed May 19, 2010 9:13 am

Egon wrote:"IS there something to reflect in this case?" - well, we do have sky...

Hm, I see. But I assume the sky is far away. The parameter which defines the distance to the farest object to be included into the reflection calculation is "envradius". So there's a change increasing this value to encompass the whole sky will help; but the value must be really high, 5000 maybe? 10000? I am not sure if this will not cause terrible lag, because then *everything* in Ahra Pahts will be included.

For this reason, creating an environment map for the reflection would be the better solution, I guess. But I have never tried envmaps myself; that's something I still have to learn as well.

Egon wrote:"You could try to fake an envmap to have "just something" to reflect." - what do you mean?

Umm, not sure if I get it right what you mean with this question. :?: :lol: :?
Let me try to explain. An environment map is something you can use to simulate an environment a waveset should reflect - instead of using the real environment. Like a skydome, but much smaller, and cubic, showing objects the waveset should "see" - but it's not visible for the avatar.
Once you have created one, it will be included in the waveset AlcScript as a reference. Then the environment of the waveset should/will no longer be calculated in real time, but loaded from a texture when you enter the age.

EDIT:
Egon wrote:Yeah. For now it will work for me. Once my objects shapes will be "stable" (I would not need to change them anymore) I will split them into seperate objects and fix vertex painting.

By the way, a great tutorial which explains the difference between objects, meshes, linked copies etc. can be found here:
http://www.gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html
( choose [Blender Video Tutorials] => [Basic Blender GUI] => Blender Data Blocks Part 1&2 )
Last edited by tachzusamm on Wed May 19, 2010 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
tachzusamm

Postby Egon » Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am

tachzusamm wrote:
Egon wrote:"You could try to fake an envmap to have "just something" to reflect." - what do you mean?

Umm, not sure if I get it right what you mean with this question. :?: :lol: :?
Let me try to explain. An environment map is something you can use to simulate an environment a waveset should reflect - instead of using the real environment. Like a skydome, but much smaller, and cubic, showing objects the waveset should "see" - but it's not visible for the avatar.
Once you have created one, it will be included in the waveset AlcScript as a reference. Then the environment of the waveset should/will no longer be calculated in real time, but loaded from a texture when you enter the age.

Well, that I knew. My question was more like "how You do it in Blender + PyPRP" ?
But I have never tried envmaps myself; that's something I still have to learn as well.

:) Thanks anyway
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby tachzusamm » Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 am

Maybe you could find some hints in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3619&hilit=envmap&start=10
tachzusamm

Postby Egon » Wed May 19, 2010 9:51 am

I just realized, that because I don't have Ahra Pahts SkyDome, only models of my shell, I won't be able to render such environment map.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts