Shell Export Issues

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:55 pm

When trying to export my shell (Full age, per-page textures), I get the following in the terminal:
Code: Select all
Exporting \blender\shells\335337.age ...
Args are et_age
['et', 'age']
Exporting age 335337
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 168, in open_file
  File "<string>", line 71, in export_age
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\alcresmanag
er.py", line 928, in write
    self.f.close()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\alc_hsStrea
m.py", line 405, in close
    cb = AES.new(key)
NameError: global name 'key' is not defined
Exporting \blender\shells\335337.age ...
Args are et_age
['et', 'age']
Exporting age 335337
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 168, in open_file
  File "<string>", line 71, in export_age
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\alcresmanag
er.py", line 928, in write
    self.f.close()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\alc_hsStrea
m.py", line 405, in close
    cb = AES.new(key)
NameError: global name 'key' is not defined

:blink:

also will the full age with per-page textures allow me to test this in my uru? that is, if i put a spawnpoint in the shell and export it, will i be able to test it out in my copy of uru before sending it in?

(if my idea works then shell 335 is ready to be submitted. its very simple, but i have no other ideas for it yet...when i do i'll update it :P)
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:23 pm

Zib:

What is weird is that the code you listed in the error output only is activated if you are exporting Myst 5 ages.

Check your alcconfig.py and make sure that "game_version" is set to "tpots", not "m5".
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:07 am

that's wierd...i did set it to m5, but i just updated my plugin so i figured it would be overwritten and reset. ok, ill go set it back :)

also what about my second question? is there enough in the .blend file (if i add the spawnpoint) to export it to uru by itself? :huh:
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:50 am

Sure you can export it, that's the goal. :)

First do a backup copy of shell335.prp and shell337.prp 'just in case'. (and while you're at it, keep a copy of the whole Age, you never know)
Then you just have to export your shell as a "all as full age per-pages textures", pointing to the pahts.age file in your /dat folder and it'll export fine.
If you want you can also export it to another directory using the .age and .fni files provided with your shell.

If you want to add a spawnpoint make sure you give it a 'name' property with your shell number as a suffix (as should be nammed all your objects in your shell -- ie : name: 337Linkingpoint) and register the link in UAM.

[edit]
I shall do a 'shells FAQ' post soon.
Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:50 am

great. :) thanks (once again) for your constant help, aloys.
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:53 pm

You're welcome :)
Aloys

Postby D'eux » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:12 pm

I'd like to export my age for local testing and I'm not sure quite what to do.

If I export my Shell as 'all as full age per-pages textures', what exactly should I name it (i.e. xxxx.age?)

I've added a linking point too and it's default name is: alcytpe swpoint. Do I add another 'Name:' entry or change the above one.

I've successfully exported a Age into URU before, but it seems Ahra Pahts requires a different way to export and at the moment I'm just getting "Some files are missing or corrupted, please reinstall URU" as an error message.

Thanks in advance,

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby zib_redlektab » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:23 pm

what you want to do is export it with the setting you mentioned, and the name is (i think) "pahts[shell number].age", i think. export it to the /dat folder in your uru directory, and make sure that ahra pahts is there as well (it should be pahts.age and a ton of other pahts prp files). delete the .age file that exported with your shell, and then update the .sum with uam or urufun. load up uru, and it should work...

(phew, that's a long description)

alternatively, i think you can export it as foo.age and just run it by itself, but then you will have only your shells, not the streets or other shells and stuff...

(some of these instructions could be wrong, its been a few months since i've done this...)
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:33 pm

Actually, D'eux, just export it as Pahts.age - but in a separate folder first - using the "All as full age, per-page textures" option. This will export a Pahts.age and a Pahts_District_.prp file containing all your age's textures. It is this district PRP file that you would copy into the /dat folder - and none of the other files.

But before you test Pahts, you must recompute the Pahts.sum file. I know you can do this with UAM, but I haven't tried out UurLibraryManager to see if it has this capability.

Sorry - this really should be written up somewhere, so that all the shell builders can test out their shells more easily.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'eux » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:17 pm

Thanks guys.

Exporting it in the way you suggest Robert will only allow testing as part of the whole City yes?

If I add a linkpoint so that I can just test the Shell on it's own, will I have to change the default name of 'LinkInPointDefault' to something prefixed with my Shell number and just register that link in UAM?

Edit: Just tried what Aloys suggested in order to add a Link, but all that happens is that I keep spawning in the default location in Pahts :(

Cheers,

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Next

Return to Ahra Pahts