Yinfara Story and cannon

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Yinfara Story and cannon

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am

I first sent this as a PM to Justin but then decided it might be useful to send it out for everyone to think about.

I've been looking over the storyline in your part of the wiki. I have some thoughts and questions.

1. How long between the time Justin links into the Age for the first time? A year, a month?

2. Should there be some (darn it I can't think of the word) remains of the ships that were destroyed washed up on shore? Maybe Justin collected some of it for his office? Maybe also the landing boats on one of the shores?

3. If the Yinfarans stole some of their enemies ships and destroyed the rest wouldn't that mean there could be a few of these people marooned on the Island... maybe that could cause some interesting interaction that would either be resloved or explored by the explorers of the Age. It could be a bit like D'ni legacy where the events are already resolved (mostly) but you are trying to get the rest of the story, and that can only be achieved by completeing the puzzles.

So thought or ideas?
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Re: Yinfara goes public

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:27 am

1. It's been at least a year since writing was started when Justin links to it. Also I've been meaning to change the wiki, I've decided it seems more realistic (if not fair) that the story would be that a group of writers wrote the age, not just me :P that's how ages were often done in D'ni if I'm not mistaken.

2. Yes, there will probably be boat wreckage somewhere on the island, as it'll only be natural if the boats were destroyed.

3. There wouldn't be any people left because it's been a long time since all this has happened and anyone who was left there is long dead. Although there could perhaps be some traces of them.

@dendwaler, Awesome work! As far as the pluggin, I think the only way to get the Yinfara trees to work is to use Lontahv's pluggin. If the other island's texures was able to work with that, the second one's should be able to too. What I do is just take out the current pluggin folder, and copy and paste the Yinfara pluggin in there. You might want to make a backup first though.

And remember, you don't just put the folder in there, as that's just a recent feature in the current pluggin, you have to put the files in with the other python files in the scripts folder.
Justintime9

Yinfara Story and cannon

Postby Jadawin12 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 am

Justintime9 wrote:@Jadawin,

1. It's been at least a year since writing was started when Justin links to it. Also I've been meaning to change the wiki, I've decided it seems more realistic (if not fair) that the story would be that a group of writers wrote the age, not just me :P that's how ages were often done in D'ni if I'm not mistaken. ..

Hmm, I'm not sure about that, from what we 'know' from the myst books is that one or two people can work on an Age ( Aitrus and Ti'ana, Ti'ana and Catherine) But from what I gathered about Veovis' Prison Book it was not a D'ni practice. But we are not D'ni so I don't see why a team could not have put this together slowly and carefully. If there are multiple people involved should there be multiple Offices?

Justintime9 wrote:2. Yes, there will probably be boat wreckage somewhere on the island, as it'll only be natural if the boats were destroyed...

Yay I helped! :-p I could imagine some of the more useful wreckage such as barrels, cabinets, chairs and bottles (maybe other things) could be used by Justin in his Office. Maybe a pirate jacket could be a reward item for the Age.

Justintime9 wrote:
3. There wouldn't be any people left because it's been a long time since all this has happened and anyone who was left there is long dead. Although there could perhaps be some traces of them..

Ah so maybe a graveyard... maybe just some bones....

Sounds like fun also makes me think of the Age's future...

Oh also, would you like me to set up and Alphabet for the old natives of Yinfara. I suspect you'd want to include Y, I, N F, A, and R correct?
Jadawin12

Re: Yinfara goes public

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 am

to get one thing straight there are no "offices" in Yinfara. The link in room is sort of one but it's really just a shelter, an outpost from the rest of the age. It's pretty much the only building with modern furniture and appliances. My IC office is in my age Shinelight Manor, and others wherever they have them. (e.g if Whilyam helped his office would be Toroolbah).

Ah so maybe a graveyard... maybe just some bones....

yeah, probably just some bones somewhere, nothing major.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that, from what we 'know' from the myst books is that one or two people can work on an Age ( Aitrus and Ti'ana, Ti'ana and Catherine) But from what I gathered about Veovis' Prison Book it was not a D'ni practice. But we are not D'ni so I don't see why a team could not have put this together slowly and carefully. If there are multiple people involved should there be multiple Offices?

Well considering the modern writers are relatively new, working together would make more sense because we're not all masters of the art as the D'ni were, so helping each other out would be realistic IC.

and by all means, try creating an alphabet, that'll be good for glyphs eventually. I can't guarantee that it'll the the one we'll use (I like to have options), but it's quite possible. If you do though, please create a separate topic.

Btw, I think I'll split this topic, as there seems to be two separate directions it's taking.
Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Story and cannon

Postby Jadawin12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:11 am

Justintime9 wrote:Well considering the modern writers are relatively new, working together would make more sense because we're not all masters of the art as the D'ni were, so helping each other out would be realistic IC.
Justintime9 wrote:to get one thing straight there are no "offices" in Yinfara. The link in room is sort of one but it's really just a shelter, an outpost from the rest of the age. It's pretty much the only building with modern furniture and appliances. My IC office is in my age Shinelight Manor, and others wherever they have them. (e.g if Whilyam helped his office would be Toroolbah).

*grumbles* Everyone's got an Office but me (at least right now :-p). At any rate perhaps Office was the wrong word. I mean if a team of people helped Justin make the Age wouldn't they be exploring it with him? So maybe there could be a few shelters to add a level of complexity to the Age. For example Justin could mention in his Journal that Jose was checking out the waterfall, so then the Explorer would go look for where Jose is bunking to find clues on how the waterfall works and whatnot. What do you think?

Justintime9 wrote:Well considering the modern writers are relatively new, working together would make more sense because we're not all masters of the art as the D'ni were, so helping each other out would be realistic IC.

Agreed.

Justintime9 wrote:and by all means, try creating an alphabet, that'll be good for glyphs eventually. I can't guarantee that it'll the the one we'll use (I like to have options), but it's quite possible. If you do though, please create a separate topic.

That's fine it should be fun at any rate.
Jadawin12

Re: Yinfara Story and cannon

Postby keno13 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:36 am

hehe Yinfara seems like a nice place, but i'm not allowed to buy uru cc, Path of the Shell, or Ages Beyond Myst :|
keno13

Return to Yinfara