Granting Items?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Granting Items?

Postby sinkillerj » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:13 pm

When creating a age how do you go about granting usable GUI items such as the KI or Relto Book to the player? Also what about wearable closet items?
sinkillerj

Re: Granting Items?

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:14 am

These have to be added to some global files - the GUI items to the GUI "Black bar", if I recall correctly, and the cloths to GlobalClothing_{Male,Female}, or their own distinct file in that pseudo-age. Unfortunately, these can not be put into the normal age prp files.
There currently is no system in place to prevent conflicts of clothing items (let alone new global GUIs), but since clothing was basically figured out, it should not be too hard to do - and thankfully, the closet is modular already.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Pavitra » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 am

Doesn't Sonavio do something huddish with the blackout plants?
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:30 pm

IIRC it uses some very dense local black fog. At least that's what I would do...^^
(or was there some function to blank the screen, like it is also used in the fake linking in Pahts?)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sinkillerj » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Let me explain a little better, my goal is to replace the cleft.age with my own, however when I do that the player is not granted the blackbar. So I want the replacement to be able to grant the blackbar, but also grant the KI and Relto Book.
sinkillerj

Postby Paradox » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:11 pm

sinkillerj wrote:Let me explain a little better, my goal is to replace the cleft.age with my own, however when I do that the player is not granted the blackbar. So I want the replacement to be able to grant the blackbar, but also grant the KI and Relto Book.

Replace the Cleft.age files, or replace Cleft with a different Age as the starting point for a new player?

My guess is that the blackbar is turned on via Python. The user always has the blackbar, it's not "granted" per se, but rather enabled and disabled.
Paradox

Postby sinkillerj » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Paradox wrote:[Replace the Cleft.age files, or replace Cleft with a different Age as the starting point for a new player?

Right now I am replacing the Cleft.age files, but if its possible to point the engine to a different starting age that would be preferable for the project.
sinkillerj

Postby Pavitra » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Perhaps it would be a good idea if you explained where you were ultimately trying to go with this. I strongly suspect that the problem is much easier than you think.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby diafero » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 am

There are KI commands you can send to the KI to enable/disable the GUI features, including the black bar. Those are used for example when a book is opened, or when you look at the nexus. However, this also disables the quit button, something I'd hate an age to do.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sinkillerj » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Pavitra wrote:Perhaps it would be a good idea if you explained where you were ultimately trying to go with this. I strongly suspect that the problem is much easier than you think.

The main goal is a open MagiQuest shard, no ages from the official, only user generated content. Most of the work is done, animations converted, GUI's made, etc. You can see more by requesting to join our dev forums on TMD, recruitment topic is in my signature. But given the nature of the shard no uru ages can be present, thus comes the problem that cleft activates blackbar. Changes that normally could not be included in a simple fan age can be done in this so don't be afraid to suggest python edits. We also welcome any of you to join the team, right now we have only 3 members including myself who are familiar with age creation and other plasma editing, the rest are simply MagiQuest fans.
sinkillerj

Next

Return to Scripting