Python code for Boise de Vaux

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Python code for Boise de Vaux

Postby Godot » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:58 am

I have completed the first version of the fahsee calculator. After a couple of days of design I have decided not to include the hexidecimal feature as it is not compatible with the fahsee and decimal floating point operation. Other people in the URU community have provided number base conversion applications so I do not see the need to provide another. I am satisfied with the operation of the application as it stands.

I want to thank Tanshin for informing me of the D'Ni angle measure "torantee." I have incorporated the Toran as the default for entering angles in the trig functions. Radians and degrees are also selectable.

As an aside the application executable is about 55k bytes in size not including the windows DLL of 215K bytes.
The source code is 32663 lines. Not bad since I started coding on November 1st.

I am now working on the interactive user manual for the fahsee calculator.
Godot

Postby Godot » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 am

I thought I would share a render of the Fahsee Calculator Manual cover page.
The manual is opened by clicking on the yellow key (Alt function) then the roon key on the calculator.
The pages of the manual can be accessed sequentially by using the next and previous buttons or
access the index page by clicking the leftmost button then click the desired topic in the list.
Attachments
manual.jpg
Calculator with manual
manual.jpg (44.31 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
Last edited by Godot on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Godot

Postby Godot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:42 am

The final version of the fahsee calculator and the basic user's manual are complete.
In the future the user's manual will include example calculations and mathematical puzzles using the fahsee number system.
Godot

Postby Giovanni » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Is this program available for use? Someone directed me here after posting my own D'ni number conversion tool using MATLAB. This isn't a preferred language at all, but I'm familiar with it being an Undergrad M.E.
Giovanni

Previous

Return to Scripting