Can I use UruDistro for clothing?

Announcements and discussion regarding Chacal's UruDistro

Moderator: Chacal

Re: Can I use UruDistro for clothing?

Postby BAD » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:53 pm

I've tried in the past to work with a whole bunch of people to create new clothing meshes and other items. It seems every time I would take a step forward, I would be set two steps back.

I had went as far as being able to duplicate a clothing item (working in the closet) and retexturing it With nothing more than an image editor, a hex editor, and I think either Urufun, or PRPex. After that I couldn't find anyone to help me, and my life took a turn, so I no longer had the time to pursue it.

I think I still have some of the info on how to do this. It's very complicated and filtered through my words which just makes it worse. :lol: However if your interested in how it can be done and possibly translate it to the new tools, which I am mostly unfamiliar with, then PM me.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Paradox » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 pm

D'Lanor wrote:Has anyone really succeeded in making new clothing? I mean entirely new clothing meshes which conform to the avatar.

Usually when people say "new clothing" they just mean replacing the textures on existing clothing items. This too can be done without losing the original clothing item provided that you make a working copy of it under a different name. However, this copy still refers to the original clothing mesh.

At this point no... the clothing meshes are a different format than DrawableSpans, and while libPlasma can read and write them with no problems, we don't have anything that will take a clothing mesh and convert it to something that can be edited in a 3D program.

Hence Zrax's post that "We can do it, but nobody wants to make clothing item meshes using only PRC".
Paradox

Postby nathan2055 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I think clothing is possible now!
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Chacal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 pm

I haven't found a thread or a wiki entry with instructions about this.
I would like to know about the objects involved.
So far, I don't see a problem with using UruDistro for distributing clothing items.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby nathan2055 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:09 pm

RAWA's Guidelines for Writing wrote:Q: One question, if we are not allowed any of yeesha's "powers", does that mean we cannot make relto pages?
A: SCGreyWolf is correct. Yeesha's Relto pages are off limits. Other collectibles would not be off limits, though the guidelines for props, clothing, etc. do not exist yet, either.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Chacal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Oh noes! We might have to deviate from RAWA's guidelines!

... or we might write new guidelines.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby D'nial » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Never understood that bit about the creation of Relto pages anyway. Sure, it would be a problem if an explorer came in and said "Hey guys, I jus made this awsom new retlo paeg ROFLOFLOFLOFLOFLOFL"*, but I don't see why someone couldn't code a Relto page and have that page just appear in an Age the way they have always done.

*If an explorer announced IC that they had written a Relto page, 97% percent of all scenarios would result in the use of this exact quote.
If I had a signature, this is where it would be...
D'nial

Location: In a world where all men are guilty until proven dead!

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:04 am

Dustin has said that Relto pages are now legal. I'm just not sure if we could put them in an Age. I have heard nothing about clothing, but it should be legal. However, I'm not sure how to stick that in an Age either.
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:35 am

This is not about legal issues at all. There was some discussion whether it would conflict with RAWA's guidelines, but even if it did, it would not be illegal. So, custom Relto pages are legal, and have always been.
However, Dustin made custom Relto pages technically possible in a way that conflicts are avoided. We do not (yet) have a comparable system for cloths yet, though - if it is necessary at all, seeing cloths are already quite modularized in the engine. All we need, I think, is some central registry for the page numbers in the GlobalClothing age as well as the clothing name - and someone to figure all the technical details out ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 am

I meant legal as in "possible without causing technical or Cyan issues". I would like to test a page, has anyone made one yet?
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Previous

Return to UruDistro