How to play URU in DI Shard for dummies

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

How to play URU in DI Shard for dummies

Postby Annabelle » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:01 am

Hi everyone,

now that you are a proud member of the DI shard (DI), you want to play the game and what is everyone's reference or maybe 95% of us : MOULa.

I won't get you all the details here it would be too long and not interesting : I will keep it as clear and simple as I can possibly do (that will be hard :lol: )

Entry point :
Show Spoiler

How to work around the Cleft's Relto pages issue on DI :
Show Spoiler

Seret Neighbourhood :
Show Spoiler

Guilds' Pubs, Kirel, & GZ markers :
Show Spoiler

TPoTS Journey (BIG DIFFERENCES read carefully) :
Show Spoiler

Feathers "Journey" :
Show Spoiler

Give me the right order :
Show Spoiler

Sparklies :
Show Spoiler

The Pods (added by Diafero)
Show Spoiler

That’s it with the major differences between the 2 versions. There are other differences that I can think of but there are not major issues and you won’t maybe never notice them so no point to tell you at this time.

Have a nice time on DI Shard.
Last edited by Annabelle on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: How to play URU in DI Shard for dummies

Postby diafero » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:23 am

Thanks a lot for writing this up, Annabelle! I hope it will be helpful for those players that joined only during MOUL[a].

One note though: The way you are supposed to get the Yeesha pages in the Cleft is to finish the first journey, and get your own Cleft :D
It might also be worth noting that while Minkata and Jalak are instances, the Pods are global ages and shared for everyone.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:51 pm

See : the pods difference, that is something I didnt know. There is too many versions to be able to know everything

MOULa is different from URU : CC which is different from URU : CC running with the Drizzle hack which is different from a shard like DI running UU which is different from UU running as standalone which is different from URU : ABM.

I don't have 7 installs of the same game on my PC, I just have 7 different games :lol:

BTW, Diafero, I know that we should be good explorers and do all the Hand's Journey first before going back to D'ni-Ritalgamin...but that is so much fun to break rules once in a while and I was in real hurry, August 31st, no time to waste to try getting the August's Sparkly which was to be found in ******* (censored by Annabelle :lol: ).

Annabelle is thinking looking at the blue sky through the window of her office : "If only the Shard admin would enable the 12 sparklies at the same time, that would be SOOO awesome!!!" :lol: :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:13 am

Indeed, I already have a hard time keeping the differences between standard CC, CC+Drizzle+Offline KI and MOUL in my head. Which is why I pointed out another difference people might be interested in :)
The DI installation should however be very, very similar to a CC+Drizzle+Offline KI.

If only the Shard admin would enable the 12 sparklies at the same time, that would be SOOO awesome!!!
I don't want to spoil you the fun of having something new to look for each month :)
It's a bit like flymode... sometimes it's good to have it, but sometimes it's also good not to have it.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 am

I made this posting a sticky because I expect many users not to have used an Alcugs Shard before... Annabelle, would you mind if I added more items occurring to your first post?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Oh no please go ahead...I'm glad to have it stick now. Would be great to have "How to cheat by Annabelle" sticks as well :lol: Kidding ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:47 am

THE ENTIRE POST HAS BEEN INTEGRATED TO ONE OF THE SPOILERS OF THE INITIAL POST ON SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2014
Last edited by Annabelle on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:34 am

Have you tried using the Camp Bravo linking book as a workaround for the Cleft pages?
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Inugami_Eishin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:04 am

Okay,I've not finished POTS before,so I don't know the solutions of the puzzles.
I went to Ahnonay and noticed that the crabs are gone.I also see something's up with them from the post above.
Also,I recall that there was a door behind the large sphere you could roll up in Watcher's Sanctuary.I'm not sure but I remember trying to get over that sphere desperately.

Can somebody explain what's going on without spoiling?
Thanks
Inugami_Eishin

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 pm

I disabled the Quabs as they don't work properly with several people in that age.
The rest should work as expected?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Deep Island