OHbots working in Quest Game Story Series

OHbots working in Quest Game Story Series

Postby Jahmen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 am

I decided to try to make a Multi-player Quest Game Series for the Uru Community of explorers to play.
I hacked my 2008 Age Story pages down into a lesser work to accommodate the work load required to edit 112 markers per Quest story installment game, 5 made and 5 more ready with text to make. :o
I can tell you by playing my quests through, that I had to rewrite them several times with edits to get them to read with some flow and rhythm to the pace of the marker spacing’s.
Working out the distances first and then the amount of space to place between each marker took time and practice.
Minkata proved to be the ultimate Age that had the straight line distances for unfettering the text reading with obstacles.

Of course I had to figure out how to create a Macro-Hotkey script to scroll my KI’s edit screen with, because the zillion left mouse clicks to edit each marker with and each new marker become exponential in clicks to the last marker and making the whole project impossible to do unless I could overcome that limitation! So I figured out how to scroll the KI and Nexus screens! :ugeek:
I still have many hurdles to overcome and time is the enemy now because I launched it 11-07-2010 from the Quest's Bevin Imager at Abjab's urging.

OK then, a few months and about 300 hours later, I still have way too much to do on my own. :shock: The matter of time between making the Quest games and setting the markers, writing and creating the puzzle logics and editing the text into the markers . . . . So I have recently been trying to enlist others to help with making the Quest game clue markers for me to Text Edit.
NOT that I would object with help on the clues and puzzle logics details! :roll:

The saving grace is that as a Community Quest Game Series it is made to be insanely hard. :x Why? Because when a game is for a community to play, it's a lot different than one or a few.
MOUL, last release of the Pod Ages & Minkata, showed me just how fast a forum and a swarm of explorer players could eat up game content and solve a game.
Solved those in like, what a week or less! My thinking was to challenge the Uru Communities collective a bit more than MOUL, last did.
It will only work if my Age Story line themes will keep explorers interested enough to do each Quest Clue game installment for the next Story Quest game. ;)

I have a few helping me now, with 8 Quests made and a few others in various stages.
The Puzzle logics theme is designed to slow them down enough I hope to allow me to keep ahead of them!
The plans to my Quest clue puzzles are complex and I can't possible execute it all without help.
I'm here seeking direction on how to enlist (OHB) OHBot to help to automate the Quest clues puzzle parts with OHBs bots!

The whole IDEA being to get enough interested in helping me with mine, that afterwards they will know how to do other Quest Game Story Series, until new Open Source Content gets officially released into MOUL, again. Filler between Age content.
Hey! I can dream!

OHB, please contact me about if you think Bots could work with my Answers & Questions / Times and Places Puzzle logic clue quest games. Jahmen KI # 06595122 or Quest KI 06925827
Last edited by Jahmen on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jahmen

Re: OHbots working in Quest Game Story Series

Postby OHB » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Jahmen,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I've been very naughty and haven't visited here in a while. In short, yes OHBot could do that. Basically, anything falls into a Question to OHBot > Response to avatar pattern is doable. I'd just need a list of things you need him to respond to and what the responses should be. We'll go from there and make sure it'll work as you expect. (something there can be weird things because it's not really just plain 'ol question and answer, it's an A.I. with quirks hehe).

That being said, OHBot is still offline because I've got a busted server. But...I'm working on that part. Hopefully I'll get him working by tomorrow.
OHB

Postby Jahmen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:57 am

OHB, OK I'm sorry too, because I didn't come back here to check sooner. :o I kept thinking you would find me in MOUL, again and we would have a chance to KI talk the details out. :roll:
I MOUL - KI PM'ed you and got no response and so I figured it wasn't anything you wanted to do. :oops:
My game was a multi-player community game that didn't do well for many reasons. I believe in part, because there weren't any OHB robot avatars available to go to for instructions, hints & nudges. I beleive my own in-game avatars for the Quest Series weren't readily present enough for the players to access. Other reasons were due to the designed difficulty level of playing the quests, I made the markers to hard to get & find. That along with holiday time of year and players involvement in other in-game projects on-going. One of the main complaints about my Quest Series Games was lack of available game play information and player's dependence on my many IC (in-character) avatars roles and Bevin Imager posts in playing the game. Though locating and finding them was part of the game play strategy, it wasn't one I'm told they wanted to bother with. That the lack of game information and clues was too lacking! Bots could make that better.
Critics of my Quest Series of games were mostly those that hadn't played past the first quest or didn't get past the introductory level of quest games. Though I still believed they had legitimate points, their lack of playing enough of the game content limited their understanding of the over-all game theme of play that nullified much of the concerns.
A readily available OHBot like (OHBot-Jack Flash , OHBot-CrashOveride, etc...) would have been a real boost to the fun of playing the game.
The Question and Answer interaction between OHBots & players would'nt need to be very extensive, as the Quest clue games have a simple series of basic Q & A for each quest to get the next quest.
I think with a bit of work, trial & error, the quest series of games could be automated for the most part with OHBot nudges & hints included.
That was where your OHBots were to come in. With them about and available in-game to question and respond to players most of the time, within the parameters of the clues taken from the Clue Quests, players could progress at their own pace. I recently watched (I-Robot movie) where the holographic program would say "My responses are limited, you must ask the right questions" I thought would be great to use with your OHBots for the Quest Series as a response.
The Original Series was designed to play for 4 weeks tops, as I couldn't devote anymore time than that to players playing thru it all by manning so many avatars incorporated withing the game themes play strategies.
Jahmen's Journal Quest Series has officially ended, but it could be revived with Bots to be available for those still trying to play through the remaining game quest content and new alike. It still might be worth the effort to us to try and do.
If you are interested and still wanting to be a part of the Quest Series using you're OHBot's, PM contact any of these Quest Series Game Avatars:
Jahmen KI:# 065 95 122 Quest KI:# 069 25 827 Simon Templer KI:# 072 97 522 I-Spy KI:# 069 10 779 CrashOveride KI:# 066 01 229 Jack Flash KI:# 069 44 125 KI. KI:# 066 02 108
Last edited by Jahmen on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jahmen

Postby OHB » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:35 pm

First, I'm OHB, not OHBot :) OHBot is the robot - which is why it has "Bot" in his name. I didn't get any KI Mail from you. I suspect you sent it to OHBot instead - in which case I wouldn't have received it.

If you wanna do something else, just let me know. Send me a PM with details. But, as I've mentioned before, OHBot is currently offline because of a server failure. I think I'll be able to get him back online early next year...looks like I might be getting a server donated.
OHB

Postby Jahmen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:36 am

Again, I'm sorry about the mix up of you and your avatar name OHB (Orange Haired Boy) as I was told it stands for and your Avatar robot - OHBot.
I didn't mean to offend. And yes, I did send the PM to OHBot as I hadn't realized the distinction before between them.
I had forgoten you existed as OHB in MOUL. again, since I hadn't ever run across OHB in-game as best I can remember.
And unless a player in the game is in a publc place or AGE to get their KI# from off the Age List or Recents List into buddies list to KI PM them, it can be hard to locate their KI #.
I have checked here and you haven't left it for me.
As far as your server being down and using an OHBot to Automate my Quest Series with, there is no rush.
I will try to pull out the Questions & Answers from the Clue Quests for a PM to you for an OHBot to have for interacting with players, as soon as I can track down OHB Ki #.
Altho, we might need a few additional statements from the OHBot to players to help clarify how and what they need to do to interact positively with the OHBot. I was also wondering how hard it would be to have more than one IC Bot for them to go to and to station Bots in a Bevin & City locations?
I think it might be easiest and faster if we meet up in MOUL,a and use our mics to discuss the particulars out in person tho. Skype?

My Skype Name is Jahmen Myst, in case you skype.
P.S. I think your OHBots would be a perfect match for automating the more sophisticated Quests Game Series such as my own and we should discuss it one on one.

Myst Online Forums > Cavern Events > Lost Age and Bevin in Quest's Bevin
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22546
Guild of Messengers Post of Jahmens Quest Series
http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/archive/201011
GUild of Maintainers Old POST to original MOUL members system to create Quest games.
http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1651
Last edited by Jahmen on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jahmen

Postby OHB » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am

Jahmen wrote:...it can be hard to locate their KI #...

How is it you don't know about the KI Directory lol?

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21406
http://uru.orangehairedboy.com/ki/
OHB

Postby Jahmen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 am

OHB Wrote;
How is it you don't know about the KI Directory lol?

Actually I do know about the KI Directory List evidence by many of my other avatar names there on the list, I just didn't think to remember to look there. :oops: DOH!
I spend so much of my time outside of the forums of late working on Quest game WORD files to make, create and also play others Quest games in MOUL,a. I just wasn't thinking.

My putting this . . .
I have checked here and you haven't left it for me.
. . . as a hint for you to just post your KI # here for me? :roll:
But your URL link worked just as well and I have retrieved your KI# 00054544 to put you on to my buddies list.
Now the next step seems for us to schedule a date, day & time with location to meet up in MOUL,a to discuss the matter?
My Sleep disability has my waking hours fluctuating in an ever changing rotation forward with occational jumps forward in time.
Right now I'm up between about midnight to 2 to 3 PM EST. with it shifting forward.
How about tommorrow 1/9/11 SUNDAY at NOON 12P.M. @ Ae'gura City top of stairs? or just post another advance date, day & time to meet up in MOUL,a here.
Either way I'll keep coming back here periodically & keep checking until we get a confirmation between us made.
Let me know.

I took out the colors so others like your self can read them more easily.
Last edited by Jahmen on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jahmen

Postby OHB » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Unless it's really necessary, could you keep your font color as default? I don't use the black theme and it makes your text virtually impossible to read without highlighting it.

I'm not in URU often. I was there for the Guild Meeting, and that'll be it for the time-being I imagine. As i said, give me an outline of what you want, and we'll go from there.
OHB

Postby Jahmen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:17 am

Ok I will send you PM Outlines of the basic Quests Series theme along with the Clue Quests Q & A here in Guild of Writers.

Less labor intensive for me to get it to you here as I don't yet know of way to paste text into a KI PM.

QUEST SERIES of GAMES - BASIC OUTLINE - Sent to you in a PM .
HOW IT PLAYED!

START: Quest's Bevin Imager Posts
Were Taunts at Players to generate interest in the
Lost Bevin & Age - Clue to Simon's Quest Game

Simon Templer’s Journey Journal Quest [Kadish]
Was Clue marker Texts to I-Spy
END: Simon's Journey Journal Clue Quest

I-Spy’s Journal Journey [Minkata]
Introduction Journal Story to Jahmen
END: I-Spy’s Journal Journey Story Quest

Imager Post Added: I-Spy's Imager Post - Drama
To encourage interest to ask for more . .

QUEST’s “Vault Secrets” Clue Quest [Kadish]
I-Spy gives out this 2nd Clue Quest Game Puzzle
Marker Clues & to CrashOveride & Jack Flash
END: Quest's Vault Secrets Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 1 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
Crash gives Players Q & A for Journal 1 Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 1 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 1 Journal Quest

Jahmen’s 2 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
Jack gives Players Q & A for Journal 2 Quest Story
& "TREES" Clue Quest Math Puzzle
You completed Jahmen’s 2 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 2 Journal Quest

CrashOveride’s “TREES” Clue Quest [Multi-Age]
"TREES" Clue Quest leads to KI. who gives Players Q & A
for Journal 3 Quest Story & "JALAK GEMS" Clue Quest Puzzle
END: “TREES” MATH CLUE QUEST:

Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
KI. gives Q & A for Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest Story
& gives out 3rd Clue Quest JALAK GEMS
You completed Jahmen’s 3 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest

KI.’s “JALAK GEMS” CLUE QUEST [Multi-Age]
Clue Quest Puzzles of Letters to Words, Words to Sentence
& Math Solves for Final "Secret Word" Marker location find.
END: “JALAK GEMS” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 4 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
KI. Receives; Completed Words Sentence for
Jahmen’s 4 Journal Quest Story 2008
You completed Jahmen’s 4 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s Journal Quest Four

Jahmen’s 5 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
KI. receives "Secret Word" for Jahmen's 5 Journal Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 5 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 5 Journal Quest

The Series was ended with the 5 Journal Quest Stories due to the planned "REAL TIME" playing time restraint.
There were 12 Jahmen's Journal Quest Stories in total written for the Series and 8 Clue Quest Games.
("ROCKS" was lost to a KI Glitch & CITY LIGHTS was a work in progress)
I reworked the Quest Series Story Journals down into 10 Journals and the Clue Quests into 7 Quests.
Although, I'm considering an additional Twist to the Story Journals with the Series ending.

Quest’s “ROCKS” CLUE QUEST [Multi-Age] Note: Now Available 4-1-2012
A New Twist Clue Quest Puzzle of Optional Numbers to Sentences Message,
Number Words to locate NP "Name Player", Sentence Word Numbers to solve
of number basics to "Secret Word" marker locations.
END: “ROCKS” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 6 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
NP Receives; Completed "Secret Word" Session of Secret Word
for Jahmen’s 6 Journal 2010 Quest Story .
You completed Jahmen’s 6 Journal 2010
End: Jahmen’s 6 Journal Quest

Jahmen’s 7 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
for Jahmen’s 7 Journal 2010 Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 7 Journal 2010
End: Jahmen’s 7 Journal Quest

Jahmen’s 8 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
for Jahmen’s 8 Journal 2010 Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 8 Journal 2010
End: Jahmen’s 8 Journal Quest

Kyrie’s “Kirel Lights” CLUE QUEST [Single-Age] Available 5/1/2012
Clue Quest Puzzle based on my New Twist on in-game data for "Clue Word & Sentence"Markers.
Journals have a Q & A solve session.
END: “Kirel Lights” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 9 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
NP Receives; Completed "Q & A" Answer Session to Puzzle for
Jahmen’s 9 Journal 2010 Quest Story.
End: Jahmen’s 9 Journal Quest

Kyrie’s “CITY LIGHTS” CLUE QUEST [Single-Age]
Clue Quest Puzzle based on my Newer Twist on in-game data for "Clue Word & Sentence" Markers.
Journals have a Q & A solve session.
END: “CITY LIGHTS” Clue Quest

[Jahmen’s 10 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
Jahmen’s 10 Journal 2010 Quest Story.
End: Jahmen’s 10 Journal QuestMinkata]

Jahmen’s 11 Journal Quest 2010
Jahmen’s 11 Journal 2010 Quest Story.
End: Jahmen’s 11 Journal Quest
Last edited by Jahmen on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jahmen

Postby Jahmen » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:08 am

:? I'm still waiting on you OHB to respond to me as agreed and for us to move forward with this. :?
Jahmen

Next

Return to OHBot