New Report Suggestions Go Here!

New Report Suggestions Go Here!

Postby OHB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Please use this thread to suggest new reports.
User avatar
OHB
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 am

Other Suggestions Go Here?

Postby Christian Walther » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:37 am

Great work, OHB!

Two suggestions:
  • When I want to check neighborhood pellet scores, I invariably first click on Neighborhoods, then realize, “ah, no, these are not here, they’re under Pellets”. Perhaps that report could be listed either under both the Neighborhoods and Pellets sections, or on the top level beside them?
  • The Yeesha Pages > All Pages list needs a “% On” column (Turned On / Collected) to sort by. (I have taken a look into the JavaScript of getReport.php?report=completion_yeesha to see if I could add that myself. Maybe I could, but it would probably be easier to do it on the PHP side together with the other calculations (getReport.php?report=completion_yeesha&get=json&item=pages).)
Christian Walther
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:10 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Other Suggestions Go Here?

Postby OHB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 am

Christian Walther wrote:Great work, OHB!

Two suggestions:
  • When I want to check neighborhood pellet scores, I invariably first click on Neighborhoods, then realize, “ah, no, these are not here, they’re under Pellets”. Perhaps that report could be listed either under both the Neighborhoods and Pellets sections, or on the top level beside them?
  • The Yeesha Pages > All Pages list needs a “% On” column (Turned On / Collected) to sort by. (I have taken a look into the JavaScript of getReport.php?report=completion_yeesha to see if I could add that myself. Maybe I could, but it would probably be easier to do it on the PHP side together with the other calculations (getReport.php?report=completion_yeesha&get=json&item=pages).)


Yeah reports that seem to fit in more than one category are annoying lol. Although, I kinda feel like having reports in multiple categories is annoying as well. I've tried to organize it such that things fall into a "X by Y" pattern and X will be the top level folder. so, "Pellets by Neighborhood" goes under pellets. If I do a report showing the average membership sizes of neighborhoods that will be "Neighborhoods by Avatars" and so will be under Neighborhoods, not Accounts & Avatars. I hope that makes sense! :)

As for "% On" yeah I can add that. Until I get there, divide the numbers by 51000. That's the approximate number of avatars that have ever been (includes deleted avatars).

Thanks for your suggestions!!!
User avatar
OHB
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 am

Apparently Other Suggestions Go Here Too!

Postby Christian Walther » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 pm

OHB wrote:Yeah reports that seem to fit in more than one category are annoying lol. Although, I kinda feel like having reports in multiple categories is annoying as well. I've tried to organize it such that things fall into a "X by Y" pattern and X will be the top level folder. so, "Pellets by Neighborhood" goes under pellets. If I do a report showing the average membership sizes of neighborhoods that will be "Neighborhoods by Avatars" and so will be under Neighborhoods, not Accounts & Avatars. I hope that makes sense! :)

It makes sense when I think about it, but the point is what happens when I click before I think. When thinking is required, I might just as well use that to remember where the report I want is… :) I guess the reason why my mind wants to place this report under “Neighborhoods” is that to my intuition it is not so much “Pellets by Neighborhood” as primarily a “List of Neighborhoods”, that, among other things (member counts), happens to display pellet points. But now we’re splitting hairs… :)

OHB wrote:As for "% On" yeah I can add that. Until I get there, divide the numbers by 51000.

No, that’s not what I mean. That would be “percentage of total avatars who have that page enabled” (= complement of “avatars who either don’t have the page or have it off”), and sorting by it would be the same thing as sorting by “Turned On”. What I’m interested in is “percentage of collected pages that are enabled” (= complement of “collected pages that are disabled”).
Christian Walther
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:10 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Apparently Other Suggestions Go Here Too!

Postby OHB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Christian Walther wrote:
OHB wrote:Yeah reports that seem to fit in more than one category are annoying lol. Although, I kinda feel like having reports in multiple categories is annoying as well. I've tried to organize it such that things fall into a "X by Y" pattern and X will be the top level folder. so, "Pellets by Neighborhood" goes under pellets. If I do a report showing the average membership sizes of neighborhoods that will be "Neighborhoods by Avatars" and so will be under Neighborhoods, not Accounts & Avatars. I hope that makes sense! :)

It makes sense when I think about it, but the point is what happens when I click before I think. When thinking is required, I might just as well use that to remember where the report I want is… :) I guess the reason why my mind wants to place this report under “Neighborhoods” is that to my intuition it is not so much “Pellets by Neighborhood” as primarily a “List of Neighborhoods”, that, among other things (member counts), happens to display pellet points. But now we’re splitting hairs… :)

OHB wrote:As for "% On" yeah I can add that. Until I get there, divide the numbers by 51000.

No, that’s not what I mean. That would be “percentage of total avatars who have that page enabled” (= complement of “avatars who either don’t have the page or have it off”), and sorting by it would be the same thing as sorting by “Turned On”. What I’m interested in is “percentage of collected pages that are enabled” (= complement of “collected pages that are disabled”).


Ah right, so you want to change the Turned On/Turned Off columns to percentages so you can see which page is most likely to be turned on and which is most likely to be turned off, right?
User avatar
OHB
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 am

Re: Apparently Other Suggestions Go Here Too!

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:59 am

Exactly, although I was more thinking of an additional column rather than changing the existing ones, as the absolute numbers that currently are in those columns may be interesting too.
Christian Walther
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:10 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: New Report Suggestions Go Here!

Postby Malfhok » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:07 am

I'd like to see a report showing the total number of players with at least one Bahro Wedge. So that would include anybody who has completed at least one Age.
Malfhok
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: IL

Re: New Report Suggestions Go Here!

Postby OHB » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 am

Malfhok wrote:I'd like to see a report showing the total number of players with at least one Bahro Wedge. So that would include anybody who has completed at least one Age.


Good idea. In the meantime, you can get that number by adding up the numbers on the Avatars by Wedge Count tab. I get 12,259. The same will work for the Calendar Sparks and Yeesha Pages reports.
User avatar
OHB
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 am

Re: New Report Suggestions Go Here!

Postby Branan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 am

Malfhok wrote:I'd like to see a report showing the total number of players with at least one Bahro Wedge.


I read that as "Bahro Wedgie".
Image
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
User avatar
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: New Report Suggestions Go Here!

Postby theclam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 pm

What kinds of Heek statistics are available?
theclam
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Next

Return to MO:UL Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron