How to play URU in DI Shard for dummies

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: How to play URU in DI Shard for dummies

Postby Inugami_Eishin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 pm

I've come to that age before in single player but haven't messed around too much,saving the mystery for another time,possibly to play with a friend together.That's why I don't really know what's to be expected,really ^^;

I've also observed these differences from my first single-play though:

Single Player:
-The current was there when I first got to the age.I had to jump from very far to make it to the "lighthouse" (or watch tower).In DI,there was no current at first and I could easily get to the lighthouse.

-I also remember there was no door for the lighthouse in SP,but there was a pattern similiar to the one in the Watcher's Sanctuary.On DI,I can enter the lighthouse but couldn't find the pattern.

-Lastly,when I linked back to the age it put me to the backside of the "castles".I hadn't found this place before in SP so I cannot compare.

Shock: Could it be that I needed to reset the age!? O_O
Inugami_Eishin

Postby nathan2055 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Inugami_Eishin wrote:I've come to that age before in single player but haven't messed around too much,saving the mystery for another time,possibly to play with a friend together.That's why I don't really know what's to be expected,really ^^;

I've also observed these differences from my first single-play though:

Single Player:
-The current was there when I first got to the age.I had to jump from very far to make it to the "lighthouse" (or watch tower).In DI,there was no current at first and I could easily get to the lighthouse.

-I also remember there was no door for the lighthouse in SP,but there was a pattern similiar to the one in the Watcher's Sanctuary.On DI,I can enter the lighthouse but couldn't find the pattern.

-Lastly,when I linked back to the age it put me to the backside of the "castles".I hadn't found this place before in SP so I cannot compare.

Shock: Could it be that I needed to reset the age!? O_O

Hmm, that's odd. Did you link into the control room area:
A picture from the GoG - Show Spoiler
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Inugami_Eishin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:00 pm

nathan2055 wrote:Hmm, that's odd. Did you link into the control room area:

Yes,that's where I linked to.From the book in my relto shelf.Without doing anything at the age at all.

Also,the book in Ahnonay Cathedral cycles me through the speheres 1,2 and 3.As far as I know,(I read the walkthrough sadly,to get a grasp of what's going on) you can proceed to Sphere 2 only after you've "cleared" sphere 1.

About the lighthouse,I found the pattern,the one I said that wasn't there before.My bad.
But still the door is open.It's supposed to be shut,right?
Inugami_Eishin

Postby nathan2055 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Inugami_Eishin wrote:
nathan2055 wrote:Hmm, that's odd. Did you link into the control room area:

Yes,that's where I linked to.From the book in my relto shelf.Without doing anything at the age at all.

Also,the book in Ahnonay Cathedral cycles me through the speheres 1,2 and 3.As far as I know,(I read the walkthrough sadly,to get a grasp of what's going on) you can proceed to Sphere 2 only after you've "cleared" sphere 1.

About the lighthouse,I found the pattern,the one I said that wasn't there before.My bad.
But still the door is open.It's supposed to be shut,right?

Yes, it is. I would recommend moving this to a new topic, as it is obviously a bug.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Luna » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:01 am

While I think a new topic might be clearer I am not sure whether it is a bug, Diafero said earlier int he thread that he had disabled the quabs as they were being buggy.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 am

Luna wrote:While I think a new topic might be clearer I am not sure whether it is a bug, Diafero said earlier int he thread that he had disabled the quabs as they were being buggy.

Well, remember that there was also the bug where they managed to reach the control room without clearing the first section of the Age (i.e. quabs, crystals, first few cloths, etc.).
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 am

nathan2055 wrote:
Luna wrote:While I think a new topic might be clearer I am not sure whether it is a bug, Diafero said earlier int he thread that he had disabled the quabs as they were being buggy.

Well, remember that there was also the bug where they managed to reach the control room without clearing the first section of the Age (i.e. quabs, crystals, first few cloths, etc.).

Ahnonay is Public on DI, just so you know.

So, if they ended up in Sphere 04 without doing anything, that is indeed possible. Lets wait for 'fero to say something before definitively saying "it is a bug", could just be a difference in implementation on DI. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 am

See other thread - it's not a bug, it's a feature :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Since Ahnonay Spheres (1 to 4) are public ages on Deep Island, every changes made by Explorer X while Explorer Y is linking in and out of Ahnonay Cathedral, will affect Explorer Y.

I could also add that if Explorer X and Explorer Y are playing and messing one other own progress, I can easily take control over Ahnonay by messing with both your progress since I have a wild card in my hand, I can easily take control over Ahnonay, a skydiver knowledge from back in MOULa :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ehren » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:03 pm

If we all own the same Ahnonay, I don't see how you can "take it over"?
Ehren

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island