TurtleIsle V1 .......... Released!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

TurtleIsle V1 .......... Released!

Postby dendwaler » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi All,
Today I decided to release Turtleisle.
You can expect a nice enviroment with a rather difficult Journey .
If forfilled it will open a new area.
In autumn i will continue building and add puzzles to it.
I am aware of some little issues especially with the sound in some area's.
I will fix it in the next release.

Please post yoour comments on the age in this thread.
I am very curious how the performance will be on computers in the middle segment and lower.
I did not have the chance to test that.

This age is not "Canon", but nevertheless I expect it to give a few hours of fun to many people.

I sended the link to Diafero,
So it will be there soon.

Enjoy your stay on Turtle Isle.

edit: added screenshot
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Re: TurtleIsle V1 .......... Released!

Postby Sirius » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:17 am

Cool ! That's a long time I couldn't explore such beautiful Age !
Sirius

Postby diafero » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:04 pm

The age looks awesome, great work! It is availabe on DI Shard now.

However, unfortunately it stresses my poor laptop graphics card beyond any limit - I get about two frames per second, unplayable :(
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dendwaler » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:32 pm

yes that what i was afraid for.
I have completed the journey fluently with a quad core machine and an ati hd4800 card on the shard in about 20 minutes.

So what are the minimum specs this age can be played with?
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Luna » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm

I had no problem playing the age (not finished yet, not even close) according to fraps the lowest frame rate was 30 or so, most of the time it was higher.

specs(notebook):
Intel Core i3 330M 2,13GHz
4GB
Radeon Mobility HD5165
I had closed most background programs.

I like the parts I have seen so far, there has been a lot of attention to detail :)
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Calena » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Absolutely loved your age. Super, super work.

I experienced slight lag also, quad core with 8Gb Ram, but a small graphics card, GeForce 240. I've got a bigger graphics card in my dual-core computer. I'm going to try it in there.

(PS - This noob is feeling slightly overwhelmed at the new bars you guys are setting; I'm going to be working at this for a long, long time.)
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 am

Excellent age my quad-core, 4 GB, dual-SLI Blackhawk XR5 Notebook had no problem with this age.

But my poor Toshiba Satellite M505-S4945 Laptop lagged to the point of making it imposible for access and play. Since the only internet access that I am allowed is Mobile Broadband and because the Toshiba is my internet machine, I will not be able to access this age online...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:40 am

My poor laptop has an AMD Radeon HD3200, and I'm using Linux which gives some more performance drop (Linux graphics drivers are crappy). But I can still play all of the original ages (Minkata is not running smooth, but playable) and almost all of the fan ages.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

Quite nice work, dendwaler, I'm very impressed ! Thanks for the journey. I'm looking forward to following ! 8-)
tangara

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:44 pm

This is an asthonishing age. I really love the fact that for once someone thought about putting flowers everywhere.

I have some problem to move around even with my quad-core 12 Gb of ram but it might be because I slowed down the beast a while ago because it was too fast to zip line launch myself in Ae'gura (on MOULa).

For the puzzle part, I found the 7 clothes and went in the secret area which is really beautiful, like a museum of Art. I really love your age, you have artistic sensibility and it shows in your age. I think though that since many won't be even able to play or explore it, they won't appreciate it, firstly because we link in in a depressive room so for those just able to link in they don't see the wonderful view of up the tower, they see grey walls and a metallic screw that allows to climb up or down like a staircase.

It acts just like Ahra Paths was acting on our avatars back before they decided to disable the full load of the age. You could make a similar system of linking in and out a smaller outer area, I noticed a nexus station somewhere ;) , you could use such device to make us link out and in areas of the age so we could explore it more easily and without having to fully load the age.

There are other examples of huge fan ages like Pre-Swaltu, I don't know how the author overcomed the hugenest of his age but we don't lag in that age and let me tell you, even if you know every secrets of that age, you are in for at least 30 minutes to do the all-around tour.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Next

Return to Building