PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby diafero » Sat May 28, 2011 1:00 am

Fuchida wrote:I reformulate my question in the hope I get a direct answer.

Are we able to put linking books into our ages with this release or (as i understand) not?

Linking books require at least clickables and either linking responders (which should not be used) or integration of Python scripts with the age. Neither is supported currently.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Fuchida » Sat May 28, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks for your answer, i also read your other link, good to know for future reference.
Fuchida

Postby ghaelen » Sat May 28, 2011 5:33 am

Thank you Branon et al for this. I finally have a new computer and the time to explore age creation, and I've struggled to find tutorials that showed where the buttons are in Blender 2.57. Thankfully there are a few, and your video was very helpful. I uninstalled Blender 64bit and installed 32 bit as well since the former wouldn't work. I followed the video and the basic tutorials on the wiki, and I am now walking about in a very boring age. But I'm thrilled because I wrote it, it loaded, and I didn't fall through the floor. A whole new realm of possibilities has now opened up for me. :) Many thanks!
ghaelen

Postby nathan2055 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:01 am

With this now available, I am finally going to download Blender and learn how to use it.

Also, does this mean we currently cannot put Python into our Ages? If so, when will this become available?

Thanks everyone for doing such a great job!
Last edited by nathan2055 on Sun May 29, 2011 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby tachzusamm » Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 am

Branan wrote:
tachzusamm wrote:b) I followed your first example in the video, and the age exported fine - but the file "MyFirstAge_District_Scene.prp" did not go into //Export as the other three did, but directly in the blender file folder.

c) The name of this thread is Beta as well (PyPPR2) :D

b) that's odd... Can you repeat it with the same .blend file? If so, can you send me that file somehow so I can take a look and try to see what's up?

c) I don't know what you're talking about ;)

b) Yes, I can repeat it. You will find the URL for getting the .blend file in your PMs.
c) You made me smile again. :P
tachzusamm

Postby dendwaler » Sat May 28, 2011 12:00 pm

I think i noticed a little bug in PyPRP2.

When you want to enable the PyPRP2 add on then you have to check a little box.
Coincidently i did a dubbelclick on the checkbox resulting in a "uncheck" situation again.
After that it was impossible to enable it again. It is not a continious toggle!
To enable it , i first had to close Blender.
After the restart of Blender , i was able to check the box again.

I repeated this to be sure it has always this behaviour.
The surrounding checkboxes can be toggled on and off normally.

It took me some time before I was aware why I could not enable it. :)
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby bnewton81 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much! Will there be a later 64bit edition? Is 64bit really faster than 32bit? I've always heard it is, but honestly don't know for certain. Can't wait to use this. Thanks so much. And it is my birthday today so this is really a great present. lol
bnewton81

Postby Branan » Sat May 28, 2011 1:39 pm

bnewton81 wrote:Awesome! Thanks so much! Will there be a later 64bit edition? Is 64bit really faster than 32bit? I've always heard it is, but honestly don't know for certain. Can't wait to use this. Thanks so much. And it is my birthday today so this is really a great present. lol

64-bit is sometimes faster and sometimes slower, it depends on the program.

The reason there's no 64-bit PyPRP2 is because the ancient version of PhysX that MOUL uses doesn't have a 64-bit library. I could build a 64-bit version with a newer PhysX, but then ages you export for MOUL wouldn't work in the CWE clients that most people are building currently.
dendwaler wrote:I think i noticed a little bug in PyPRP2.

When you want to enable the PyPRP2 add on then you have to check a little box.
Coincidently i did a dubbelclick on the checkbox resulting in a "uncheck" situation again.
After that it was impossible to enable it again. It is not a continious toggle!
To enable it , i first had to close Blender.
After the restart of Blender , i was able to check the box again.
The same bug occurs if you use file->new. I haven't really tried to track the bug down yet, it's kind of irritating, but doesn't impact core functionality. It looks like we're not unloading properly. Could just be a typo in a function name.

tachzusamm wrote:
Branan wrote:
tachzusamm wrote:b) I followed your first example in the video, and the age exported fine - but the file "MyFirstAge_District_Scene.prp" did not go into //Export as the other three did, but directly in the blender file folder.

c) The name of this thread is Beta as well (PyPPR2) :D

b) that's odd... Can you repeat it with the same .blend file? If so, can you send me that file somehow so I can take a look and try to see what's up?

c) I don't know what you're talking about ;)

b) Yes, I can repeat it. You will find the URL for getting the .blend file in your PMs.
c) You made me smile again. :P
I got your PM. I don't think I'll be able to get to it until Monday. I'll let you know what I find.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Fuchida » Sat May 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Same bug happens to me everytime i export an age. It always exports the scene.prp into my default folder above my export folder. Even when i follow your example video step by step it happens. Tried it with 2 different blender installations and with 2 different ages, both times same effect, but easy fix if you know it
Fuchida

Postby Lontahv » Sat May 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Fuchida wrote:Same bug happens to me everytime i export an age. It always exports the scene.prp into my default folder above my export folder. Even when i follow your example video step by step it happens. Tried it with 2 different blender installations and with 2 different ages, both times same effect, but easy fix if you know it

Try saving your blend file with your export path set, then try reopening the blend and checking the export path is still set. If it is still set, try exporting again.

Edit: I just fixed the object unloading bug. In the next release you should be able to unload and reload the add-on as many times as you want. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News