Historic overview of previous work on PRPGUI

Moderators: Trylon, Paradox

Postby Branan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:53 pm

I'm thinking of dropping the import tab from my GUI. To the best of my knowldege, there shouldn't be any settings that need to be set on an import, so having a standard menu entry in Blender's import section should be fine.

That frees up a spot on my menubar, so I'm thinking about moving all the Book and Page stuff to its own tab, seperate from the main Properties tab. That means that users don't have to flip to layer 'x' and select the Book or a Page to adjust it. They can just flip to the Book tab, and do their thing.

Questions, Comments, and Concerns are, as always, welcome.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Aloys » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:28 am

I'm not into coding so I apologize if what I suggest is way off, but have you given a look at Skaaj's properties script? There might some code in there that could help you.
Aloys

Postby Branan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:59 am

As far as telling when the active object has changed, you mean? No, I haven't. I'll check out the assorted Blender forums before I start going through someone else's code, though.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:07 am

Just a quick update for those of you interested in what's been going on. I haven't updated the WIKI page yet, I need to get myself situated again. I was doing most of my scripting work during free time at work (waiting for Linux installs to finish. Very intermittent work, to say the least), but my internship recently ended, so I need to finish getting all my stuff setup at home. School's starting for me today, though, so I don't know how often I'll be able to work on it...

Anyway, here's the update:

What's Done:
* Export GUI
* Most of the region types - footstep, swim, swim surface, panic link, climb, ladder (not yet in export plugin)
* GUI for all competed regions
* Framework for entire GUI system

What's Mostly Done:
* Code to write properties to objects/regions
* Code to tie into exporter
* GUI for object properties

What's Not Done:
* Implementing easy ladders in the export script
* Book/Page support (needs to be done before I can release the script.)
* current regions, camera regions
* sprites
* cameras
* Add page (I'll probably release without this, and add it as I have time)

I think That's everything. As soon as I have everything situated for myself again, I'll look at the code and update this if I was wrong about anything, or missed anything.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:10 pm

Alright. Got myself settled in, going back to work. I'm re-vamping the way I read-in object properties, since I learned a couple of things about Python that'll make it a lot easier to maintain and expand, and probably a bit faster.

This also means a re-vamp of the button-handlers for objects/regions. I'd also like to add camera and sprite support, but I might release without those at first.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Aloys » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:28 pm

Indeed, you probably don't need those for a first release. But I only say that because I'm eager to try your tool. ;) It'll be good to have them, but you can add them in later IMHO.
With that first release their might be some comments/critics/bugs that crop up that you might want to take care of before adding anything else.
Aloys

Postby Branan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:25 pm

The first release will be what I have set up right now: support for most region types, no cameras, no sprites, no ladders (unless Trylon finishes new ladders before then.)

Light support might also be non-existant, since I have no idea how to make a nice user-friendly light-selection system, at least not right now.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:07 pm

YAY! I just exported an age through my export GUI.

That's the second-easiest page done... *sigh*

I still need to do a lot of work on regions and objects, but it's getting there. I might even have a release before the end of the month - but don't hold me to that.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Aloys » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Good news. :)
'End of the month'? hmm that leaves you three weeks.. that looks possible to me. :P
Aloys

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:45 pm

it'll depend on how much homework I end up getting, mostly.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting Journal