CWE testing builds released

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE testing builds released

Postby diafero » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:49 am

And here it takes more about three hours for a single build of the client without the Max plugin, in the Win7 VM on my poor laptop...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:29 am

:oops: I love my new Laptop (Alienware M18x) specially the Solid State HD Hybrid. The HD (500 GB) only runs during Boot and Shut Down :o The SSD (500 GB) handles all opererations And OH-boy does it speed up operations... :P
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Branan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:39 am

I just posted 902D, which contains a fix for a crash in the Max 2012 plugin
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Hello everyone,

maybe it's an odd question, I dunno.

IS CWE plClient ready for the non-savvy users yet?

It seems I don't understand how to install it at all. I'm completely lost. I downloaded the C release yesterday. I made a complete copy of MOULa and overwrite all the files that were in the folder with those in your .zip file.

Maybe I didn't get it. And what is all this talk about the repository? Are we suppose to take files there instead of from MOULa?

It's just because I know some skydivers are trying it these days. I want to be on the same boat as them.

I can wait for an easier release if you're still patch security holes :) I can screw it all in one night not knowing what I'm doing :lol: I'm a bug magnet so to speak :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Metabasalt1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Ok, so my question is could the plclient be used with existing MOSS servers like Atlantis or TOC? maybe we should contact the admins of those shards to see if they would be willling to do that. I know TOC shard tried to get a test age working on their server
Metabasalt1

Postby Branan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Metabasalt1 wrote:Ok, so my question is could the plclient be used with existing MOSS servers like Atlantis or TOC? maybe we should contact the admins of those shards to see if they would be willling to do that. I know TOC shard tried to get a test age working on their server

If their build uses the H'uru fork, you can just copy the server.ini from their download to your copy of my client build, and it should work perfectly.

And do remember that while Cyan has given permission for people to play around in The Fun House on their server, other shard admins may have differently rules. Be sure to play nice.

Annabelle wrote:Hello everyone,

maybe it's an odd question, I dunno.

IS CWE plClient ready for the non-savvy users yet?

It seems I don't understand how to install it at all. I'm completely lost. I downloaded the C release yesterday. I made a complete copy of MOULa and overwrite all the files that were in the folder with those in your .zip file.

Maybe I didn't get it. And what is all this talk about the repository? Are we suppose to take files there instead of from MOULa?

It's just because I know some skydivers are trying it these days. I want to be on the same boat as them.

I can wait for an easier release if you're still patch security holes :) I can screw it all in one night not knowing what I'm doing :lol: I'm a bug magnet so to speak :D

The Short version:
  • Download the latest zip from me
  • Download the Python and SDL scripts zip (also from me)
  • Unpack my zip. Copy dat/ and sfx/ from Cyan's install
  • Unpack the python and SDL zip on top of your new Uru folder. You should now have dat/, sfx/, python/ and SDL/ folders, along with plclient.exe and all the dlls
  • double-click on plclient_moula.vbs. This will launch plClient with all of the correct options to connect to Cyan's server.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Christopher » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:09 am

The published client will not work with the TOC-server. We used some Safety Measures so it will only work with our client, because we don't allow hacking in any location on our server. We don't want, that anyone can connect with an internal client. But instead you have many of the tPOTS KI-commands to use.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby andylegate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:38 am

Question:

From what I understand, the plugin is available for the following, 32 bit versions of 3ds Max:

Max 7.0 and 8.0 (Cyan's original version)
Max 2010, 2011, and 2012 (GoW modified version for compatibility).

Are there any plans to make a modified version for the following versions of Max?

3ds Max 9.0, 3ds Max 2009

edited for spelling
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:00 am

I think that releasing a plugin for those versions of 3ds Max is wholly dependent on Branan obtaining a copy of those SDKs. We can only get Max 2010, 2011, and 2012 from Autodesk Education, sadly.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Branan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:I think that releasing a plugin for those versions of 3ds Max is wholly dependent on Branan obtaining a copy of those SDKs. We can only get Max 2010, 2011, and 2012 from Autodesk Education, sadly.

That is absolutely correct. There's no legal way for me to get any SDK older than 2010, so there's no legal way for me to build older plugins.

I should also note that once something changes in the PRP format, the old Cyan plugin won't be useful anymore. Hopefully those changes will get merged back to Cyan, but that could be a slow process, and in the interim any fan shards that are more cutting-edge would need ages built with updated plugins - which would only be available for 2010 and newer.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development